PDA

View Full Version : Fab Fours Products review (front, side, and rear)

Deola
04-23-2014, 01:05 PM
Fab fours Full Front Lifestyle Winch Bumper with Grill Guard- Install was easy, the only real mod needed was the $25 Vacuum Pump relocation bracket if you have a 3.6 engine. This thing clears obstacles and flexing tires like a champ. I chose this over the stubby because the part of Virginia I live in and drive my Jeep in is loaded with kamikaze wildlife. I tested this theory on an over eager deer (accidentally) in a 55 MPH (AKA 65 MPH) zone at 0430 on my way to my tree stand last winter. The winch roller and the deer were the only casualties. The bumper came through it with a 3 inch scratch that didn’t even make it through the double powder coated finish. I really like the Hella fog lights that replace the factory lights and the extra marker lights stop the puzzled looks at the annual state inspection and let me pass with ease…VA has some very strict laws on lenses being covered or blocked. If there is a drawback to this bumper it’s the weight, at 140lbs + your winch (mines 96lbs) it’s a big beast. With 2 D-ring mounts I have winched many downed trees for others and even incorporating a snatch block with a 9500lb winch (doubling the pull) they have never faltered. My rigs job description has recently changed to include towing over steep mountains a 10’ trailer of fire wood. Now weight savings is crucial. So I will be pulling this bumper off, but I’m impressed enough by the quality of this product I will be putting their Stubby bumper in its place. Also all of their products are made in America. Almost forgot to mention the skid plate that’s incorporated.

Fab fours Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier- New Rear Bumper Tire Carrier Design, adjustable for different wheel heights, adjustable for different wheel offsets, it also accommodates 4 different bolt patterns. Pivot secured in double sheer, In-house over center latch. Injection molded landing pad for even weight distribution. I love this bumper as well; it looks great, holds up to a 40” tire, CB mount, and a high-lift jack mount. The carrier is adjustable so for me only running a 35” tire I could move it down to lower my COG, and improve visibility out of the rear window. When you open the tire carrier all the way it locks in place so you can open your tailgate and can move gear in and out without taking a beating if you’re sideways on an incline. It also doubles as a nice gun rest. As I have mentioned before I don’t drive slow, that said I have never once had this thing rattle or make any noise on or off road. I have never used the 2 D-ring mounts on the rear, but they are built stout, just like the 2 on the front. The weight on this one is 131lbs.

Fab Fours Rock Sliders- Have a drink to calm your nerves before you drill 12 holes into each side of your pride and joy, but only one because… well that could be bad too. It also ties in through the body mounts. This thing saved my driver side body, when I slid 5’ or so downhill in snow covered leaf litter into a locust tree stump, it came away without so much as a scratch even though it was enough force to almost remove my rear tire from the ground until I drove off it. That one incident justified the drilling. The top of the slider doubles as a full length step. It also doesn’t interfere with large flexing tires. The boxed design also keeps a good bit of debris slung from the tire from beating up your paint, or your legs when the doors are off. These are 75lbs.
Pictures to follow and any questions you have I’ll get them answered through myself or Fab Fours if I don’t know.

Deola
04-23-2014, 01:10 PM

Deola
04-23-2014, 01:15 PM
693 here are the rocker guards. I said before 12 holes per side, that's for a 2 door, the 4 door takes 15 per side.

JeepLab
04-24-2014, 04:11 PM
Filthy, just the way I like it.

WhiteRavenRR
04-24-2014, 11:23 PM
Can we get a few more shots of that rear combo setup? I will be looking for a rear tire carrier/ bumper combo in the future.

Thanks for the posts.

Deola
04-25-2014, 07:09 AM
Can we get a few more shots of that rear combo setup? I will be looking for a rear tire carrier/ bumper combo in the future.

Thanks for the posts.

Sure can I'll get them up shortly.

JeepLab
04-25-2014, 09:44 AM
Great write up. I feel sorry for the deer. That bumper was the last thing it wanted to see.

Deola
04-25-2014, 10:06 AM

WhiteRavenRR
04-25-2014, 08:12 PM
Thats a good looking bumper. It's definitely all there. Would you consider it a full width to the edge of the fenders or is it only as wide as the tub?

Deola
04-25-2014, 08:15 PM
Front is def full width, but the rear really only wraps the tub.

Deola
04-29-2014, 03:31 PM
I'm going to be asking my jeep to do a lot of towing in the near future. So instead of building it trail capable/ road friendly, I will be going to building with only off road capability and towing in mind , no more road manners. That being said I will be going to the stubby fab fours front bumper, and the same rear bumper minus the tire carrier ( no more spare, compressor and plug kit only). When these sell I will get the new bumpers, put them through their paces and compare the two.

Rexx19
05-09-2014, 01:21 PM
does that tire carrier rattle around? it seems that style gets loose and makes noise

Deola
05-09-2014, 04:19 PM
I honestly have never heard a peep out of mine. I took my doors and top off for the summer the other day and have done high speeds and wheeling since then, still no noise.

JeepLab
05-09-2014, 05:46 PM
I honestly have never heard a peep out of mine. I took my doors and top off for the summer the other day and have done high speeds and wheeling since then, still no noise.

Tonka wears a smitty built tire carrier, its not holding up well over time.

Deola
05-09-2014, 06:44 PM
Tonka wears a smitty built tire carrier, its not holding up well over time.

I hear that about a lot of their products

JeepLab
05-09-2014, 07:34 PM
I hear that about a lot of their products

I just bought a bunch of their d rings from amazon. i have no expirience with their stuff outside of that.