PDA

View Full Version : Forum problems?

UselessPickles
05-02-2014, 09:56 PM
Dis something recently get updated? The JeepLab forum website pegs my CPU with some continuously repeating Javascript code. I can't exactly figure out what the code is trying to do because it is obfuscated, but it appears that the beginning of the chain reaction is an attempt to call a jQuery method ("live") that has been deprecated/removed, and does not exist any more.

JeepLab
05-03-2014, 07:54 AM
Anyone else getting an error?

UselessPickles
05-03-2014, 08:59 AM
This was on a Windows PC, btw. Using Chrome browser. I'll check other browsers too.

The observable behavior is that the page is slow to respond to scrolling and typing. It might slow down other programs on your computer too. Open the Windows Task Manager, sort the CPU column in descending order, and see if your browser is at the top of the list with a large CPU usage while JeepLab forum is being viewed.

WhiteRavenRR
05-03-2014, 09:09 AM
I didn't have a problem using the forums yesterday but my browser was slow to respond when I was connected to my ISP's website uploading photos at the same time.

While on the forum tab it worked fine but when I switched over to my ISP tab it was really acting weird. I was also out in the driveway so I might have been at the edge of the wifi range.

WhiteRavenRR
05-03-2014, 09:09 AM
... And I was on a Windows PC.

UselessPickles
05-03-2014, 09:39 AM
That sounds unrelated, WhiteRaven.

It appears the problem only happens in Chrome. IE, FireFox and Safari all worked fine.

I have the latest version of Chrome, and I cleared my browser cache, and the problem still happens. The forum is basically unusable in Chrome because it's so slow.

The javascript error about the non-existent jQuery method was a red herring. That error (and several more) occur in other browsers, but do not cause the problem I'm having in Chrome.

WhiteRavenRR
05-03-2014, 08:32 PM
I use Firefox.

Snarf77
05-19-2014, 06:31 PM
I'm using Chrome right now and always on my home PC and phone. Never an issue. Something is conflicting.