PDA

View Full Version : S-pod, If you need switches, There is only one way to go.

JeepLab
02-16-2014, 07:51 PM
I posted a while back trying to figure out what to do about getting the Viair compressor installation completed without using their switch. I went with the S-POD and Im glad I did. The only downside is that i have 5 switches left, so just when I thought I was done spending money on this obsession, now I have to buy 5 more things to connect to it!

Why do it with only one switch? First, Im sure there will be more, and second, I didnt want to do anything to the electrical system of my truck. Second, I'm freightend by others stories in this forum about how dealerships and chrysler will go out of their way to void a warranty, and with the electrical system they can see anything attached to it and say that it was the problem. Best to just eliminate that nightmare. (especially since i bought the extended warranty).

The system is supposed to look OEM when its installed, and from what I can see, it lives up to that claim, The parts are all metal, and of the pieces that go in the cabin, they are powdercoated with a textured black that matches the headliner where it sits, perfectly.

JeepLab
02-16-2014, 07:52 PM
Here is the unboxing video for the S-pod

http://youtu.be/wVoz1Z9-_P4

Snarf77
03-09-2014, 07:41 PM
I bought and installed an S-pod. Great investment. Not cheap, but 100% worth the money. What I wish they offered, are lit-switches that turn on with the jeep's interior lights. Its a bit hard to see the switches at night. I've seen folks online that mod the spod switches to have this effect, and change out the switch covers to custom from OTTRAW. This is on my list of to-dos as seeing which switch to press at night seems important to me.

WANT!

DHewes
04-26-2014, 11:29 AM
I was about to pull the trigger on this and happened to ask if anyone installs 2 for even more switches. I was told, "It just so happens that we just received the sample of our new double kit." Yep, there is about to be a double sPod kit with a total of 12 switches.

WhiteRavenRR
04-26-2014, 12:42 PM
Now that would be interesting to see!

JeepLab
04-26-2014, 08:55 PM
I was about to pull the trigger on this and happened to ask if anyone installs 2 for even more switches. I was told, "It just so happens that we just received the sample of our new double kit." Yep, there is about to be a double sPod kit with a total of 12 switches.

I dont think i can think of 12 things to connect, but if I had it in my truck...Id think of 12 things to connect.

if your getting one, we want pics!

DHewes
04-27-2014, 08:46 AM
I'm waiting for the official quote now... :cool:

2me
05-25-2014, 09:12 PM
Any news on the price quote?