PDA

View Full Version : Rear Security???

WhiteRavenRR
06-02-2014, 09:54 PM
Anyone running Aeris Rear Security Cover or Tuffy's Rear Security Cover?

I would like to but I am a Do-It-Yourself kinda guy...therefore, I made my own. It may not be as strong as either companies products but it does keep the prying eyes from prying my wife's goods when I take her shopping.

So began my quest to spend some quality time with the ol' Jeep. It just so happened that we were throwing away an old ping pong table at work. Whoa! Hold the press! I can make use of that. I have an idea! I can use the old top to make my template for the rear cargo cover. Throw that baby in the back of the Jeep instead of the big green storage bin out back! Well as I worked and listened to the radio, my battery went dead. Good thing I have a radio in the garage! I had some old brackets laying around that would mount to the hard top locations and hold the top in place. I then used a couple of 2x4's underneath as support with tie-down brackets on top.

Two summers later and I finally got around to finishing the top with a little bit of carpet to make it look cleaner than the original black top.

I did add a front piece to the cover to keep access from behind the seats to, um, none. All hardware is on the inside so it's locked with the rear gate.

You know I am all about the pics so without further ado:

Deola
06-08-2014, 03:03 PM
Looks good, I run the small tuffy security box for your rear under-floor storage compartment. It's small but works for me

Rexx19
06-09-2014, 11:04 AM
I like this a LOT

Snarf77
06-11-2014, 09:42 AM
There really isn't much to be done (outside of DIY) for a 2 door JK. The under-seat systems are small but good for a wallet. With those i"m always confused if they will actually fit with the 2011-2012 changes some don't work with the 2012+.

IF you have a rear seat in a 2 door, the space behind the seat is barely big enough for a 6 pack cooler and a duffle bag. My solution has been to just NOT carry much if its not well hidden. Not really a good answer. One of my buddies made a tray at the top of his rear door that covers to the rear seat. Works well enough.