PDA

View Full Version : ENGO LED Lights.... Ocean Testing.

JeepLab
06-23-2014, 08:24 PM
Yep I said it and I ment it.

I have gotten a million questions about the durability of these lights. I have had them installed for years now. and have gone thru a few redesigns with engo to get to their current line.

I was looking for a test that would answer all questions at once.

Salt water kills everything. Marine grade gear has to stand up to the abuse. The engos can be submerged, but are not waterproof.

So splashes should be no big deal right? We will see.

Another problem with testing on jeeps is that you cannot use them all the time. The boat we installed these on will use them every hour they operate, and this is a real fishing boat. its out at least 12 hours a day.

JeepLab
06-23-2014, 08:29 PM
We installed 2 12"bars in the rear and the show stopper 50" in the bow.

The 50 lights up the water like you would not believe. But its not about being bright. We know they are bright.

Its about hours more beating than any of us will do with our jeeps in a hostile environment our jeeps will never be in.

If they thrive here, the only concern you should have is a car accident damaging them. Because if they dont fail here, they wont fail in our conditions.

This is the same 50" bar that Tonka wears.

JeepLab
06-23-2014, 08:31 PM
Here they are lighting up the night from the boat.

WhiteRavenRR
06-23-2014, 09:38 PM
I saw this on Facebook. The end result will be interesting to see how they hold up.

JeepLab
06-29-2014, 06:20 PM
I saw this on Facebook. The end result will be interesting to see how they hold up.

We will get some shots of them as the fishing season wears on to see if they get caked with salt and what not.

Rexx19
06-29-2014, 06:37 PM
This is def past dust in the desert or ice and snow. If they make it thru this... well they should. They are supposed to be heavy duty.

This is a good test and far more abusive than anything we'd do in jeeps.