PDA

View Full Version : Ocean City Jeep Invasion

JeepLab
06-23-2014, 08:43 PM
Yea we went....

I guess it was fun. Im bummed that they use the stupid voting system. These contests always get won by the guy in the club that the club votes for. Give me a contest where there is a real judge who knows what mods are easy and which are hard.

That is not what this was.

Betty was the only Jeep there with -
- Carbon fiber hood
- Rancho Tube doors with spider shades
- Nemesis Flares
- Billy Rockers
- Weld racing wheels
- Nemesis and JCR bumpers
- Xpel Wrap
- Safari Straps Full Cage

Were there other trucks there that could have beaten Betty? Maybe one. But he lost too. The rest of the field was run of the mill, same crap you see everywhere.

JeepLab
06-23-2014, 08:48 PM
These were the two heavyweights of the day. Black Betty. And this other jeep from Krawl Works.

Its fully wrapped in camo. Both have RIPP superchargers, and are pretty close to even.

BUT he wrapped the tie rods. That may have pushed him over the top.

Rexx19
06-23-2014, 08:59 PM
I was at this thing, and JL is right. There was not much there.

BB and Krawl works were the only truly well built jeeps when it comes to the tip top.

There was a JK8 there, but it was too "pretty", you knew it was never wheeled, and never would be wheeled.

I dont know krawl works resume, but we know Betty gets wheeled.

Who really won? Probably krawl works. (they didnt win. come other JK won, no one seems to know who}

Which jeep would I rather own? Black Betty.

Yoinkers
06-23-2014, 09:07 PM
I was at this thing also, It was a fun day. I didnt have my jeep as it was sold out.

I heard the jeeps that drove on the boardwalk sat in a parkinglot most of the day... no thank you.

as far as BB losing....cry me a river.

Would you rather have the best jeep and not win,

Or win, and not have the best jeep?

krawl works didnt do it for me. it was good but I think it and betty was a matter of taste if anything. His wrapped tie rods were neutralized by betty's carbon fiber hood. Both really good builds. The JK8 that is mentioned earlier in this thread had a cool tire carrier.

WhiteRavenRR
06-23-2014, 09:34 PM
The first real off roading and that wrapped tie rod won't be so pretty.

Snarf77
06-24-2014, 09:34 AM
Ocean City jeep week is coming up this summer (Aut 21-24?). There are at least obstacle courses in that one and some other items. Unfortunately, at most shows the first X number of people who register get to vote on the prizes and those first registrations are often the people organizing the event and local clubs. Just a fact of life. Still..your ride looked good there.

JeepLab
06-29-2014, 06:26 PM
More from ocean City

WhiteRavenRR
06-29-2014, 07:09 PM
That's a sharp looking JK8 conversion. I almost went with the same Fuel wheels on mine. I may still if I do decide to go to 17's. Not big on the street rod with a Jeep grill though.

Yoinkers
07-02-2014, 11:12 AM
That's a sharp looking JK8 conversion. I almost went with the same Fuel wheels on mine. I may still if I do decide to go to 17's. Not big on the street rod with a Jeep grill though.

I think its a willys jeep, dropped to the ground and chopped up

JeepLab
07-05-2014, 09:09 PM
I think its a willys jeep, dropped to the ground and chopped up

It was a willys, it was one of the cooler rides there.

WhiteRavenRR
07-05-2014, 09:34 PM
It was a willys, it was one of the cooler rides there.

In the eye of the beholder. I love street rods but that doesn't do it for me.