PDA

View Full Version : The Floor Jack Thread

JeepLab
06-27-2014, 09:20 PM
Here's my new jack and my opinion of it. Post yours.

We all know, lifted jeeps are a pain with standard floor jacks. Everyone will say lift from the axle... yada yada, you only need 17 inches of lift... yada yada.

Heres how I feel. I dont like putting flat wood under a round axle and put the lift under there, its not locked on, and I just do not like it. I was under a jeep(BB) once when a jack failed. It had tires, so im not dead, but when you are under there and the truck falls, you take your jacking very seriously.

The other JL guys make fun of me because while they are jacking the truck up, Im distributing 6 jack stands to different locations underneith.

I wanted a jack with a good lift rating, and I wanted it to be able to lift the truck HIGH. I wanted the option to lift the truck from the frame rail.

The jack I ended up with is the Ranger RJF-2TX. Its 31 inches of lift was what did it for me. I can stretch the suspension without lifting the truck, or I can lift it completely.

Lift from the frame, or lift from the axle.

This jack is a little more expensive than others, but the pros to it make it stand alone.

JeepLab
06-27-2014, 09:25 PM
Heres a shot of the jack,

JeepLab
06-27-2014, 09:44 PM
I just lifted the truck for the first time, the jack is 37 inches long, so its not super agile in the garage, I will say, a problem of a lot of jacks is that when you hit the valve, they just drop the car or truck.

our old craftsman did, (it also leaked inside 9 months of puchase) I thought it was just a cheapo jack, because it wouldnt let go, and then, all at once, the truck was on the ground. Too fast. As I researched, it turned out that a LOT of jacks have that same characteristic. Fast drop.

This one I can release very slowly. Maybe its a larger valve or piston, but the control is very good.

WhiteRavenRR
06-27-2014, 10:18 PM
Dude that thing is a beast. Me likey! We are in the process of moving into a house with a 3-car garage so maybe I can make a shop out of one side. If so I will be getting one of these as I have already installed 4 lifts in 3 Jeeps.

Timmy
06-28-2014, 07:40 PM
I just lifted the truck for the first time, the jack is 37 inches long, so its not super agile in the garage, I will say, a problem of a lot of jacks is that when you hit the valve, they just drop the car or truck.

our old craftsman did, (it also leaked inside 9 months of puchase) I thought it was just a cheapo jack, because it wouldnt let go, and then, all at once, the truck was on the ground. Too fast. As I researched, it turned out that a LOT of jacks have that same characteristic. Fast drop.

This one I can release very slowly. Maybe its a larger valve or piston, but the control is very good.

Please purchase a link to buy... Need this, tired of adding blocks to get to the body to lift it up with my current jack. Love the fit lever to pump it up as well.

JeepLab
06-29-2014, 06:17 PM
Here is the link to the Jack at Bendpak Ranger.

http://www.bendpak.com/shop-equipment/floor-jacks/rfj-2tx.aspx

I would google it and do some comparison shopping to find the best deal. It weighs 140lbs. so look for someplace with free shipping.

Snarf77
06-29-2014, 06:57 PM
That is really a beast of a jack. I've never seen the likes of it lifting so high. That would really help if you ever had to lower something really heavy as well, like an axle or transfer case, etc. How far does it move front to back when jacking up that high!?

Pznivy
06-30-2014, 03:44 PM
Are the wheels polyurethane? You want poly wheels with that epoxy floor.

Rexx19
07-08-2014, 07:54 PM
That thing is far out!

I dont like the white tho. Might have to spray paint that.