PDA

View Full Version : JeepLab's ROLLOVER Thread...

JeepLab
07-07-2014, 03:24 PM
Hey Everyone!

The dreaded rollover... The worst thing that can happen off road.

This thread is for those of us who have rolled, to try to help others to avoid the situations that bring on a roll.

JeepLab
07-07-2014, 03:29 PM
Yesturday a good friend of mine, Derek rolled his brother's XJ.

JeepLab
07-07-2014, 03:32 PM
Let me set the scene,

They are climbing over some flat rock to the summit of a hill, and the tires "gave" and the truck slid sideways.

The brakes were used gently, but it was too late.

Rexx19
07-08-2014, 07:50 PM
Thats the worst. I rolled my YJ years ago.

Nothing worse than one moment, you are the driver, and the next your a passenger.

I rolled it down a similar hill, and the truck wasnt totalled, but was going to need a LOT of work.

So we brought it back to the top and rolled it again. I did not want to fix it.

doc5339
09-27-2015, 12:51 PM
I am installing the Rock Hard 4x4 Sport Cage in my 2013 JKUR for this very reason. I rarely off-road, but I figure that it greatly increase the chances of surviving a roll-over, even if the sport cage is one-time-only use.

I even considered a full frame welded cage, but aside from high cost, it basically works against the JKU's engineering (crumble zones).

Pznivy
09-29-2015, 11:50 AM
ahhhh, who would have thought that the roll cage that saves you in a rollover, might kill you on the road? (stiffening crumple zones)

doc5339
09-29-2015, 11:58 AM
ahhhh, who would have thought that the roll cage that saves you in a rollover, might kill you on the road? (stiffening crumple zones)

The Rock Hard 4x4 Sport Cage is supposedly engineered to work with the crumple zones for front impact and rollover. It really is not tied-in to the frame, and appears to really just prevent the windshield from folding-in on the occupants and creating an "A" pillar where none really seem to exist.

JeepLab
09-29-2015, 07:29 PM
Id like to see that tested.

It would be cool if the roll over companies would roll a truck down a hill to see what happens. youtube?