PDA

View Full Version : Can you recommend a security alarm for my Jeep?

2me
07-30-2014, 05:05 PM
Hi all!
After contemplating the money put into the Jeep recently, I got to thinking how can I keep it safe.
I have an old LoJack that I had in my Mustang Cobra many years ago, but I need something much more proactive since I actually have a Jeep that I want to protect.
I have not had to think about an alarm for over 14 years, so I have no idea where to start.
I've googled alarms, but the same iffy ones keep popping up, and they did not seem to very good.
Looks like they paid to be on the first page.

Any thoughts on what to look for in alarms for Jeeps (hard top and soft) ?

Thanks!

Timmy
07-30-2014, 06:22 PM
Hi all!
After contemplating the money put into the Jeep recently, I got to thinking how can I keep it safe.
I have an old LoJack that I had in my Mustang Cobra many years ago, but I need something much more proactive since I actually have a Jeep that I want to protect.
I have not had to think about an alarm for over 14 years, so I have no idea where to start.
I've googled alarms, but the same iffy ones keep popping up, and they did not seem to very good.
Looks like they paid to be on the first page.

Any thoughts on what to look for in alarms for Jeeps (hard top and soft) ?

Thanks!

Is this strictly to protect the Jeep from theft, or actually protection of content if you have the hard top off? Do you have an auto or manual? Are you all stock, or do you have upgrades?

2me
07-30-2014, 08:19 PM
Hi,
2014 automatic.
Jeep itself, full Metal Cloak fenders, bumpers, rails, 3.5 Game Changer with six pak. Warn 10S winch.
Eventually LED lights.
I am getting a fixed up CB, eventually monitor & cameras, so I guess content too.

JeepLab
07-31-2014, 08:53 PM
Here's what I do.

I just insure it all. Put a new part on? upgrade your insurance. Your insurance company should cover mods to a certain point. AND its not really expensive. A couple bucks in insurance will cover thousands in mods.

I did however get to a limit where they told me to stop asking to add more to my policy. I think it was the weld racing wheels where they told me to lose their phone number.

If someone was to steal BB, I'd hope the police didnt recover her. The worst situation in my mind, is BB gets stolen, mistreated, beat up, and then given back to me. I'd rather just start over. With a fat check covering the jeep, and the mods. (well most of them)

My brother had a car stolen years ago. And it was recovered,The scumbag who took it, only had it a short time, but it was never the same.

Eagle talon TSI Turbo all wheel drive. From back when mitsubishi made eclipses beautiful. Before they ruined them. They are super rare.

JeepLab
07-31-2014, 09:02 PM
Not my brothers talon, but just like it.