PDA

View Full Version : Show pics of where you mounted your CB!

2me
07-31-2014, 03:15 PM
Hi all!
Just got my Cobra CB in, I'm trying to figure out the best place to mount it.
It has an amp behind it that sticks out about 3" then also needs room for the cable to screw in.

Show your pics!
Thanks!

JeepLab
07-31-2014, 08:27 PM
Is there a CB in the house?

I don't have one. really, because I have no idea where to put it. But I do want one.

I was on a trail ride with RK and PS in moab, and I couldn't hear all the chatter.

I was thinking of the kind of model that is just the part you hold in your hand, so all the dials and buttons are on the microphone, then you can put it under the seat or something when you are finished with it.

WhiteRavenRR
07-31-2014, 09:22 PM
I don't have one either. I have seen a DIY mount onto the footmans loop in the center of the windshield up top before that looked good. It's the thieving factor that comes into play with CBs on where to mount them. The handheld version is a good idea.

2me
07-31-2014, 11:12 PM
I don't have one either. I have seen a DIY mount onto the footmans loop in the center of the windshield up top before that looked good. It's the thieving factor that comes into play with CBs on where to mount them. The handheld version is a good idea.

I'm concerned with theft too.
Maybe down against the center consol wall?

WhiteRavenRR
08-01-2014, 06:25 AM
Anywhere in the cab is good right up to the point your running around topless and doorless.