PDA

View Full Version : Sprintex supercharger

ljvsnyder
08-18-2014, 04:55 PM
I didn't see anything on here about Spintex supercharger, looks like the install is straight forward and power doesn't seem to bad, and you can retain the factory intake to maintain the stock systems water resistance. They have dyno charts, but they don't look anything like what are posted for the other performance mods on here. Price seems to be in line with the others. Here is a link to there website

http://sprintexusa.com/jeep-jk-wrangler-3-6l-v6-pentastar/

UselessPickles
08-18-2014, 05:14 PM
That's a very strange dyno chart: http://sprintexusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Pentastar_Dyno.pdf

It only goes up to 4460 rpm, and shows the stock engine making peak torque of 243 ft-lbs at 1650 rpm.

I bet that dyno chart is showing calculated brake torque/power (at the engine) based on some assumptions, rather than measured torque/power at the wheels.

JeepLab
08-18-2014, 08:24 PM
I looked at sprintex for a minute today. I need more test trucks. Manual trans 4.10 gearing preferred.

Anyone in the NJ area PM me if you want to get on the list for JL mods.

Rexx19
08-18-2014, 08:47 PM
Id like to see how this thing gets installed. It looks stubbier than the mag unit, but the plan seems the same. The thing looks odd. they have a stencil for cutting the insulation under the hood, you dont have to cut the actual hood right?

WhiteRavenRR
08-18-2014, 09:03 PM
I looked at sprintex for a minute today. I need more test trucks. Manual trans 4.10 gearing preferred.

Again, out in the cold. :( Too many negatives on my end: I don't live in the NJ area, I don't have a '12+, and I don't have a manual. I do have 4.10s though!

So you're saying I have a chance!

JeepLab
08-18-2014, 09:06 PM
Again, out in the cold. :( Too many negatives on my end: I don't live in the NJ area, I don't have a '12+, and I don't have a manual. I do have 4.10s though!

So you're saying I have a chance!

Raven! Where is the LCA thread? Hook your brothers up!

Pznivy
08-18-2014, 09:16 PM
You put a power mod on my jeep, Id let you hit it with a hammer.

LOL

ljvsnyder
08-18-2014, 09:21 PM
Man, now a reason to move to NJ. Or at least ship the jeep to you all. But unfortunately I have an automatic.

UselessPickles
08-18-2014, 09:34 PM
Can we add the Sprintex to my turbo Jeep? They should be physically compatible. Just need someone to tune it :)

Yoinkers
08-18-2014, 09:37 PM
Can we add the Sprintex to my turbo Jeep? They should be physically compatible. Just need someone to tune it :)

That would be a good test. how many PSI before you blow the plenum off the Jeep?

How about nitrous? No mention of Nitrous with Jeeps.

Rexx19
08-18-2014, 09:44 PM
Am i crazy or are these dyno charts from sprintex hard to understand?

Gunner
08-19-2014, 12:40 PM

I already contacted you on Facebook

Gunner
08-19-2014, 01:24 PM
One thing about the screw style superchargers is they develop a lot of boost right from the bottom and have both internal compression and almost no leakage past the rotors. They are almost a perfect storm. Lots of bottom end boost and they hang on at the top really well with great Adibatic Efficency, Meaning they turn less work into heat per pound of boost than a roots and almost but not quite the same as a Centrifugal. I did a lot of work on Keene Bell blown Ford motors some years back and Screw Blowers are the real deal. I do think that a turbo or a Ripp will beat it for pure power but for a nice fat torque curve it might be the fattest.

Yoinkers
08-19-2014, 07:39 PM
Isnt the mag also screw style? They look like screws. I think they call them lobes.

gbaumann
08-19-2014, 09:39 PM
Sprintex has been around for quite some time. I saw their offerings when I was looking for my supercharger. Sprintex is an Australian company.

Gunner
08-21-2014, 02:05 PM
Isnt the mag also screw style? They look like screws. I think they call them lobes.
The rotor are vastly different. The screw rotors have a male and a female which have a a taper built into them which both compress the air but also trap it so back flow is negledgable.

JeepLab
08-21-2014, 09:06 PM
The rotor are vastly different. The screw rotors have a male and a female which have a a taper built into them which both compress the air but also trap it so back flow is negledgable.

That is interesting. The mag is a 4 lobe. So its different tech. I'd like to see the design up close, it looks like an SC rethought.

Gunner
08-23-2014, 03:42 AM
Let me see if this works. http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/attachments/2011-mustang-gt-tech/157088d1338926816-frpp-624kit-jon-lund-dyno-pull-vid-whipple_twinscrewrotors-vi.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/2011-mustang-gt-tech/343080-frpp-624kit-jon-lund-dyno-pull-vid-4.html&h=600&w=800&tbnid=ycvCdAFhHlwVgM:&zoom=1&q=screw+blower+rotors&docid=q_2Q2nGc-QOyuM&hl=en&ei=OFP4U-nDIYidjAKdwoGYAg&tbm=isch&client=safari&ved=0CCAQMygCMAI

Rexx19
08-24-2014, 03:49 PM
The sprintex is a screw style. Different from Magnuson.

It will be cool to see how it performs. Is there a dyno test coming? definatly news worthy.

kevlar21
08-25-2014, 01:37 PM

JKR '13 ..... Check
Manual ...... Check
4.10....... Check
NJ..... I lived in Baltimore up until a few months ago! Why didn't you do this then!!!!