PDA

View Full Version : VIAIR ADA Onboard Air Review

JeepLab
02-16-2014, 10:10 PM
I love this unit. Ive had it for about 2 years now. Mounted in the enginebay.

the best part is the gasps that i get out of people when i open the hood and start airing up the tires.

Its the constant duty unit. I can fill my 37'' KM2s with it before it shuts down due to heat.

If your going to buy one, buy the biggest one you can. Mine has no air tank, or rather, a very small one that is part of the unit, so once its too hot, you have to wait about 30 min for it to cool.

Mine only shuts down when I try to help someone else after filling my tires already.

Pete
02-23-2014, 04:08 PM
This thing was worth its weight in gold when we were in Moab. With some trails being miles from air, it was great to be able to air back up before heading back on the pavement.

JeepLab
02-23-2014, 05:22 PM
It sure was.

Heres the time it takes to fill tires.

its not super fast, but its something thats better to have then not have.

http://youtu.be/TmPRTe9W9g8

Rexx19
02-23-2014, 05:24 PM
Sucks when your driving for miles on 10 psi. You just have to cringe and wait to find air.

If your really far it can damage your sidewalls, not to mentiong turning, and going slooooooooow.

Not good.

Snarf77
02-23-2014, 06:04 PM
If its enough to fill the 37 km2s even to a safe driving level, then I probably need to pick one up. I just put 37 KM2s on my new wheels this week! They aren't mounted on the jeep yet! But, its never too soon to prepare! :)