PDA

View Full Version : Hi Lift Extreme Jack

JeepLab
02-16-2014, 10:22 PM
Here's a vid of the testing the Hi-Lift Extreme, using it as a winch.

http://youtu.be/l-zwD70rafY

Rexx19
02-17-2014, 07:11 PM
I love this video. The comments on youtube are almost as good. No one seems to agree about the correct technique for winching with the Hi Lift Extreme Jack.

Where did you guys end up mounting it?

JeepLab
02-17-2014, 07:17 PM
I love this video. The comments on youtube are almost as good. No one seems to agree about the correct technique for winching with the Hi Lift Extreme Jack.

The comments are funny, We are still not sure if we did it right it was sooo long ago. We definatly read the instructions tho.

JeepLab
02-17-2014, 07:17 PM

The comments are funny, We are still not sure if we did it right it was sooo long ago. We definatly read the instructions tho.

Pete
02-23-2014, 03:53 PM
The jack got some use today. Used it to remove some stock springs from a JK.

JeepLab
02-23-2014, 05:20 PM
I dont know how we would have gotten those springs changed without it.

It really should be the last resort for a shop jack however.

JeepLab
03-02-2014, 02:13 PM
Here's a shot of us using the high lift jack to change the springs in our RK 1.5 budget build.

REMEMBER - this is not what this jack is for. The only reason it was ok in this instance is because we were not taking the wheel off. AND i had jackstands to back it up in case of failure.

We were in a jam where we couldn't get the spring to release with our standard jacks.

Pznivy
03-05-2014, 04:05 PM
I agree with JL. Never get under a truck on a high lift jack.

Never get under a truck with any jack without jack stands. Yes jack stands are a pain, but its not worth a limb or your life.

And people do die under trucks.

Jack stands people! write it down.

Snarf77
03-10-2014, 08:37 PM
I know there are two lengths of Hi-lift. At what point do I need to move up to the 60" model? I have 37s and roughly 4 inches of lift. I can see needing the larger one to lift it up, but its hard to say.

JeepLab
03-11-2014, 07:17 PM
I know there are two lengths of Hi-lift. At what point do I need to move up to the 60" model? I have 37s and roughly 4 inches of lift. I can see needing the larger one to lift it up, but its hard to say.

Stck with the hi-lift extreme. I think it only comes in one size, and it fits under my rear seat.