PDA

View Full Version : JCR Crusader Mid Width Bumper Engo e9000 Winch

JeepLab
02-16-2014, 10:40 PM
You knew I loved the Engo e9000 winch, but what I didnt love was my stock front bumper. It was cool for a while, but it had been on for 15 months and we did the hidden winch install wich preserved its coolness longer, but its time to upgrade. I wanted something that wouldn't block the grill too much because I had the SuperCharger coming, and also I would hit the front bumper with the tires at full articulation. The half sunk crusader mid with was a great pick. I'm very happy with the way it came out.

I took about 1000 pics when we did the install, you can see all of them on facebook-

facebook.com/jeeplab

Here's a before and After

JeepLab
02-16-2014, 10:41 PM
You cannot pick your bumper until you figure out what your plan is for the flares. The look of your rig is based on those two components if you pick a full length bumper, your going to look stupid with flat flares.

If you keep your stock flares and go with a stubby front bumper, i personally think that looks awful also.

I have the painted flares that I paid $100 extra for when I bought the truck. Then I xpel wrapped them so they wouldnt scratch. (added expense, and the flares are hard to wrap).

I like cut flares, but im scared to death to do it myself. There's a guy in this forum who did a GREAT job on his and he lives about an hour from me, so if I ever do cut them, Im going to take the trip and buy that guy a pizza.

I was looking for something in between. I LOVE JCR's Stubby, but without a sure plan for flat flares, I was afraid that they would never happen and my truck would look stupid with full flares and stubby bumper.

This pick "mid width" was the solution. Its wide enough to not make my flares look silly, but short enough that I could passably go to flatties later or cut mine and still have it look good.

If you've got flatties, look at JCR's Stubby, The crusader. I think its super cool with the winch half sunk.

JeepLab
02-16-2014, 10:43 PM
You knew there had to be a video.... Here it is...

http://youtu.be/UdmnNa1G3Lg