PDA

View Full Version : 427hp for 3.6L Pentastar JK Wrangler with Edelbrock's E-Force Supercharger

switz
11-25-2014, 10:07 PM
Just read an article regarding Edelbrock's announcement of a new supercharger for the JK. 427 HP Sounds like another great test vehicle for Jeeplabs.

http://www.fourwheeler.com/news/427hp-for-3-6l-pentastar-jk-wrangler-with-edelbrocks-e-force-supercharger/

UselessPickles
11-25-2014, 10:13 PM
Final numbers are still being worked out, but the system should deliver around 7 psi of boost.
In all, the Edelbrock E-Force system for the 3.6L JK Wrangler could hold the potential to up your V-6's power north of 400hp at the crank.

Sounds like it will likely be similar to the Magnuson and Sprintex systems.

Yoinkers
11-25-2014, 10:19 PM
Sounds like it will likely be similar to the Magnuson and Sprintex systems.

this^. seems like they all say the same thing. "bolts right on" "50% power gain" yada yada.

It looks to me like everyone just saw the wrangler market go nuts and is jumping in. Not to say that im not interested to see what this option can do. Maybe in the future JL splits it down to RIPP vs. Procharger, or sprintex vs. edelbrock vs. magnuson.

All the same price, and the performance is going to be close between them all.

Pznivy
11-25-2014, 10:25 PM
IMHO the next step is going to be actual real engine work to the pentastar. If you take a stock pentastar and blow 8 psi in it, it makes 320 whp, If you boost it to 12, it makes 350.

I think mag left the door open for sprintex and edelbrock with their tune not being tip top from the outset. I think pro-charger will have a difficult time gaining a foothold against RIPP. I was surprised that procharger didnt come out more "guns blazing". When it was first posted in this forum that procharger was coming after the wrangler, I thought RIPP was in trouble, wrong. Is pro-charger even selling units? if they are in the market, they tip-toed in.

Or is it because they are late, and all the main players in the wrangler universe already have RIPP blown JK's? - People like the rock krawler guys etc.

I'd like to see a 3 way screw style supercharger review, edelbrock, mag, sprintex. I bet their power lines are VERY close.

Gunner
11-28-2014, 12:02 AM
It's just a 1320 TVS unit just like the Mag unit. Might even be theirs and just a rebadge.

Yoinkers
11-30-2014, 07:02 PM
you would think that edelbrock would put out a product that they tuned themselves.

Their crate engines arent rebadges right?