PDA

View Full Version : Rock Krawler 2.5 X-Factor Lift Install Testing Videos

JeepLab
02-16-2014, 10:54 PM
A lift is a scary mod if you've never had one before. Normally you've already bought the larger tires and new wheels to go with it, so even though you CAN go back to stock, you probably wont. You need to get this mod right the first time. STUDY.

8/8/12-
Ive been driving this lifted JK for the past few days, and I have to say, I love it more every day. I was really concerned before hand about MPG loss and power loss but my 12's punch is still there and I haven't figured out my MPG yet. It felt a little odd being higher up, and the the larger tires make the whole truck feel bigger. Now I wouldn't change a thing.

The 4.10 gears are just fine with the 34.4" Duratracs, The gearing feels almost better. I didn't like cruising at 80mph before with my tach needle out of the green zone. About 2800-2900 rpm with the stock wheels and 4.10 gears, now Im under 2500 RPM at 80 MPH and although there isnt much pick up in 6th gear now, that is what I wanted from the beginning.

The best car I owned before my jeep was a 2001 corvette. I totally had a love affair with it, and its 6th gear was not for accellerating, it was a cruising gear.