PDA

View Full Version : Return of FerrariFast! Build Thread

ferrarifast
12-06-2014, 02:22 AM
14211420Glad to be Back!
As some you know, my Black 2012 was totaled following a recent head on collision (everyone go out and buy an aftermarket steel front bumper). Our fellow JeepLab Member "Timmy" provided me with some invaluable advise... Ultimately, because of I had all of my receipts for my add-ons, and about two months of being persistent with both insurance companies (mine and theirs) , I was able to get nearly dollar for dollar for my mods. So I took my money and traveled to Scottsdale, AZ and purchased this 2014 JK all done up minus my awaiting Magnuson SC. Well on thursday it was delivered to Squire Performance Tuning here in Utah for the install. Rick Squire is anticipating the install to take about two weeks. I will keep JL posted on the results of the SC upgrade. Running 37 x 13.5 x 20 on 20 x 12 wheel, 4.88 G2 Gears, Stock exhaust and intake.

Ferrarifastimg_2615

Gunner
12-06-2014, 01:52 PM
Cool. Your new one is a stick or auto. Glad you got it all squared away

Timmy
12-07-2014, 04:27 AM
14211420Glad to be Back!
As some you know, my Black 2012 was totaled following a recent head on collision (everyone go out and buy an aftermarket steel front bumper). Our fellow JeepLab Member "Timmy" provided me with some invaluable advise... Ultimately, because of I had all of my receipts for my add-ons, and about two months of being persistent with both insurance companies (mine and theirs) , I was able to get nearly dollar for dollar for my mods. So I took my money and traveled to Scottsdale, AZ and purchased this 2014 JK all done up minus my awaiting Magnuson SC. Well on thursday it was delivered to Squire Performance Tuning here in Utah for the install. Rick Squire is anticipating the install to take about two weeks. I will keep JL posted on the results of the SC upgrade. Running 37 x 13.5 x 20 on 20 x 12 wheel, 4.88 G2 Gears, Stock exhaust and intake.

Ferrarifastimg_2615

FF!!!!!!! That new Jeep is SICK!!! And red to boot, matches your name (ie. the red of Ferrari!!!) Dang dude, I can't wait to hear from you. Your setup is EXACTLY the direction I'm heading in terms of tire size, gearing and going with a Mag SC Upgrade. You didn't mention though if that's a standard or auto. If you're getting the Mag SC, I'm really hoping you got the standard transmission given all the junk I'm reading about the automatics and bad gear changes.

So... Do tell, how did things turn out on the insurance front? I'm guessing they totaled it out? Would it also be fair to guess that they decided the damage had creeped into the engine so they were able to include that in the total repair cost? Do tell so that we can all learn what you learned about dealing with the insurance companies... I'm so very excited for you. Your Jeep would have been in the shop forever, and I don't care how much the insurance companies say the work will bring it back to spec, it NEVER is. There is always some extra little creek, squeek or whatever, and even if there isn't, you constantly drive around thinking there is something not right.

Dang, dang, dang! that Jeep is pprrrreeeeettttyyy... So very jealous right now. Can't wait to see the rest of the pics!

Timmy!

JeepLab
12-07-2014, 07:07 PM
14211420Glad to be Back!

Ferrarifastimg_2615

Ferrarifast, how are you going to only give us one picture of that STUNNER? WTF!

Where is the build thread dude? Your killing me! lol

What are the flares?

What are the wheels?

What tires did you go with?

Are you a mile away when you take this picture?

ps. good to have you back buddy.

Timmy
12-07-2014, 09:00 PM
Ferrarifast, how are you going to only give us one picture of that STUNNER? WTF!

Where is the build thread dude? Your killing me! lol

What are the flares?

What are the wheels?

What tires did you go with?

Are you a mile away when you take this picture?

ps. good to have you back buddy.

Haha, I'm with JL on this, but I figured you were busy, but yeah MOAR PICS!!! MOAR DEATAILS!!!

Tires look like Toyo M/T's, 37/13.5/20's. Now I'm going to have to go with 38's just so I can say I have one measily thing bigger than your Jeep.

I can't imagine you went with a lift larger than 4.5", but man, that is still a lot of space between those big 37" tires and the flares, did you actually go to a 6" lift?

Looks like you have a 50" light bar on the top of the windshield?

Stubby front bumper? ARB rear bumper?

That thing is just crazy sick!

ferrarifast
12-08-2014, 09:35 PM
Here is a photo taken today as they continue with the Magnuson SC install. Coil springs are off being powder coated red during the install process. Here is a list of the items that are currently installed on the Jeep:

Four inch Teraflex lift with Fox reservoir shocks.
Bushwacker flares, smoothed and painted to match
Hardtop smoothed and painted to match
37 x 13. 5 x 20 Toyo Tires
Fuel 20 x 12 Wheels, with red accents
4.88 GS Gears
Teraflex Big Brake Kit with Red powder coated calipers on front axle
Teraflex Monster front track bar
Procal programmer
Bentley Quilted Stitched leather heated seats
Smittybuilt front and rear bumpers with tire carrier
Warn winch
50 inch light bar painted to match brackets
10 inch light bar on front bumper
Nfab side steps
All decals removed

Anyone have any suggestions for exhaust?

FF

Yoinkers
12-08-2014, 11:10 PM
Here is a photo taken today as they continue with the Magnuson SC install. Coil springs are off being powder coated red during the install process. Here is a list of the items that are currently installed on the Jeep:

Four inch Teraflex lift with Fox reservoir shocks.
Bushwacker flares, smoothed and painted to match
Hardtop smoothed and painted to match
37 x 13. 5 x 20 Toyo Tires
Fuel 20 x 12 Wheels, with red accents
4.88 GS Gears
Teraflex Big Brake Kit with Red powder coated calipers on front axle
Teraflex Monster front track bar
Procal programmer
Bentley Quilted Stitched leather heated seats
Smittybuilt front and rear bumpers with tire carrier
Warn winch
50 inch light bar painted to match brackets
10 inch light bar on front bumper
Nfab side steps
All decals removed

FF

why did you sand and paint the top rather than get the factory painted top? (you dont seem to be short on cash)

Timmy
12-09-2014, 12:04 PM
Here is a photo taken today as they continue with the Magnuson SC install.

[snip, snip]

That is fantastic, you went all out for this Jeep, so jealous! Now, do tell, how did the insurance side of this equation come out? My guess is that you had a little out-of-pocket to pick up this new rig as surely it was more expensive than your last?

ferrarifast
12-09-2014, 06:58 PM
Day 2 of the Magnuson SC install...
Upper intake is off and lower is sealed up for now...
More info on insurance and how that all worked out to follow... Bottom line is keep all your modification receipts and have your Jeep insured for replacement value.. Specific details coming...

ferrarifast
12-10-2014, 09:16 PM
I wanted to share with the members of JL some important insurance information should you ever find yourself in a position to file a claim.

The people who hit me and totaled my 2012 modified JK had Farmers Insurance, while I am insured through State Farm. Since the other party was at fault, it seemed natural to have Farmer's handle the claim for me. After the arrived at a price for Jeep itself, they began working on a price for the modifications that were done to it. They concluded that the mods where worth roughly .35 cents on the dollar, even though some of the mods, including the Poison Spyder steel front bumper was only installed 5 days prior to the accident. After consulting with my State Farm agent, we elected to file a claim against my own insurance to see what the difference might be. State Farm allowed nearly dollar for dollar for all of my mods which totaled up to nearly 18K. So we proceeding with the state farm claim, who will in turn subrogate my claim back to Farmers for reimbursement. At this point, I have been issued a check for $48,475.88 minus my $1000.00 deductible which I am told will take a few months to receive from Farmer's.
Bottom Line from this experience: Buy a high quality steel front bumper as it might just save your life (as the paramedic informed me mine did). Secondly, have your agent insure your jeep for replacement cost, especially if you have put big dollars into modifications. Keep all of your receipts no matter how insignificant they may seem at the time of purchase as they all add up. Finally, be persistent and document every email and phone call with the insurance people by writing done their name, time and date of call etc...

For what its worth,

FF

FLIPmeOVER
12-10-2014, 09:45 PM
Important info.

This will help a lot of us. I think ive got replacement cost, but im going freakin make sure.

Timmy
12-11-2014, 01:45 AM
I wanted to share with the members of JL some important insurance information should you ever find yourself in a position to file a claim.

The people who hit me and totaled my 2012 modified JK had Farmers Insurance, while I am insured through State Farm. Since the other party was at fault, it seemed natural to have Farmer's handle the claim for me. After the arrived at a price for Jeep itself, they began working on a price for the modifications that were done to it. They concluded that the mods where worth roughly .35 cents on the dollar, even though some of the mods, including the Poison Spyder steel front bumper was only installed 5 days prior to the accident. After consulting with my State Farm agent, we elected to file a claim against my own insurance to see what the difference might be. State Farm allowed nearly dollar for dollar for all of my mods which totaled up to nearly 18K. So we proceeding with the state farm claim, who will in turn subrogate my claim back to Farmers for reimbursement. At this point, I have been issued a check for $48,475.88 minus my $1000.00 deductible which I am told will take a few months to receive from Farmer's.
Bottom Line from this experience: Buy a high quality steel front bumper as it might just save your life (as the paramedic informed me mine did). Secondly, have your agent insure your jeep for replacement cost, especially if you have put big dollars into modifications. Keep all of your receipts no matter how insignificant they may seem at the time of purchase as they all add up. Finally, be persistent and document every email and phone call with the insurance people by writing done their name, time and date of call etc...

For what its worth,

FF

Fantastic info FF. You forgot one more thing on your "bottom line"... State Farm rocks (I'm biased though since my dad is a 35 year agent.) All those people that like to shop around and try to save a buck "in 15 minutes or less." Ohh, you'll save a buck all right, but you'll loose it and then some during a claim. My experience on my accidents with State Farm was spot on to what FF said here. I made money when my Passat was totaled. I made money when my Ford F350 was totaled ($6k more to be exact.) They treat you fair when it comes to their claims.

I will tell you right now, $48k payout for your Jeep is absolutely, shockingly, amazing... That means they valued your Jeep before mods at $30k. I paid $38k for a used (4500 miles) 2014 fully loaded Sarah WITH a lift and tires AND a second set of snow tires. Take off my tires and lift, and mine used would have been valued at $31 to $32k. So you basically were only $2k under what a 2014 model would have been valued at. AMAZING... Way to go State Farm...

ljvsnyder
12-11-2014, 09:48 AM
Keep in mind State Farm was the subject of a multimillion dollar law suit back in the 90's for defrauding customers on repairs, so it is better to pay out a claim than a class action lawsuit worth $80 million dollars, plus attorney's fees. http://www.thefreelibrary.com/STATE+FARM+SETTLES+AUTO+COLLISION+CLASS+ACTION+LAW SUIT%3B+2.3+MILLION...-a017526635

ferrarifast
12-11-2014, 06:37 PM

Here is the latest photos taken today of the install. I am getting excited to see what this SC will do once its finished and dialed in!

FF

ferrarifast
12-12-2014, 05:54 PM
Stopped by Squire Performance shop today to see how things were progressing with the Magnuson install. Looks like things are coming together and they anticipate starting the tuning the first of the week. They are anticipating a gain of 100 Horsepower over stock. I am excited to see Dyno numbers and then decide on what exhaust and intake to go with if needed.

FF

2k13jk
12-12-2014, 07:39 PM
If you want decent sound and its free just take the muffler off

JeepLab
12-12-2014, 10:44 PM
Stopped by Squire Performance shop today to see how things were progressing with the Magnuson install. Looks like things are coming together and they anticipate starting the tuning the first of the week. They are anticipating a gain of 100 Horsepower over stock. I am excited to see Dyno numbers and then decide on what exhaust and intake to go with if needed.

FF

Fox Shock. Is that a baer brake?, Stock steering components tho.... Whats the tire size?

Yoinkers
12-12-2014, 11:13 PM

FF

Gotta do an intake! AFE?

ferrarifast
12-13-2014, 12:32 AM
Brakes are Teraflex Big Brake Kit that has been powder coated.. Teraflex front track arm. Running 37 x 13.5 x 20 Toyo Open Country tires...

bo9roadking
12-15-2014, 11:18 AM
Looking good. My wife is running the Teraflex Big Brake kit too and it definitely helps to stop her 37x13.50R17 Toyos.

Is the performance shop going to do a custom tune for you or are they going to use Magnuson's tune from their test jeep?

ferrarifast
12-15-2014, 06:54 PM

She is coming back together! They plan to start working on custom tune tomorrow and may take a couple of days... Rick Squire, founder and former owner of STS Turbo is a very sought after tuner and a performance motor fabricator... Our plans for tuning include a custom towing tune (Ski Boat) as well as a custom tune for blasting around town..

Still waiting to hear for the JL group about exhaust and intake... I had a magna flow exhaust and airaid intake on my 2012 JK and other than more exhaust noise, I didn't notice much difference... Any input would be helpful...

FF

JeepLab
12-15-2014, 09:49 PM
Still waiting to hear for the JL group about exhaust and intake... I had a magna flow exhaust and airaid intake on my 2012 JK and other than more exhaust noise, I didn't notice much difference... Any input would be helpful...

FF

Here's my take. We dyno'd before and after intake and exhaust. Ill dig up a link. it was 3 years ago, but I'll tell you, i remember liking the intake more than the exhaust, and both are for sound only. When you are putting the SC on, thats where your power is coming from, I dont think the exhaust matters as much as someone else will say.

In my book its more of a sound preference thing. I will say this, for sound preference, AFE has a good large intake, and it makes the pentastar yodel with the best of them. Mix that with the shriek of the supercharger and you have a winner. Id go for a quiet exhaust and let the engine bay make the music.

JeepLab
12-15-2014, 09:57 PM
here is the mag sound bite alone -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKJuN5GuQck

And my AFE intake video (no SC)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2f4Uh6aE1U

That second one brings me back. BB was stock then. This was one of the first things we did to her. I think only the xpel wrap is older. You hear the difference with that intake.

JeepLab
12-15-2014, 10:06 PM
You caught me on a good night.

Here's more -

Comparison charts

HP comparison stock, intake, intake and exhaust -

Here is torque

ferrarifast
12-16-2014, 03:21 PM
JL- I am totally with you on letting the SC make the noise.. I think I will ask Squire to utilize his expertise with custom tune and then Dyno. If numbers are low, then I will look at intake first... Worse case is I go with new headers and work my way back to the exhaust. I don't think this thing will run with its italian red headed sibling, but it will be fun to try...

FF

2k13jk
12-16-2014, 07:44 PM
theres no headers on the pentastar and a custom tune set to your specific vehicle will net more power then a canned tune from a different vehicle

Yoinkers
12-24-2014, 07:41 PM
We gettin a pic with this thing with all the red parts installed?

2me
01-06-2015, 06:49 PM
Ask magnuson about headers, I think they told me the SC was not designed to be used with headers.

ferrarifast
01-07-2015, 08:15 AM

They finally wrapped up the supercharger install on my 2014 JK. Dyno testing coming up next. I hope to log in some time behind the wheel today after work and I provide JL with my first impressions. Stock intake and exhaust.

FF

Gunner
01-07-2015, 03:41 PM
Rick is a smart cookie. It will be interesting to see how this comes out.

Timmy
03-06-2015, 12:16 PM
They finally wrapped up the supercharger install on my 2014 JK. Dyno testing coming up next. I hope to log in some time behind the wheel today after work and I provide JL with my first impressions. Stock intake and exhaust.

FF

UP-DATE... UP-DATE... UP-DATE... Come on, all together, chant with me now... UP-DATE!!!!

Give us an update man... It's been two months and I haven't heard anything about your new ride, how the SC is treating you, etc.

Yoinkers
03-06-2015, 02:46 PM
Agreed ill take an update on this thing also.

Timmy
04-07-2015, 06:02 PM
BUMP. Update! Update! Update! (I already PM'd and got a little update, but I'm sure the JL community would love to hear about your new rig, with fresh new pics!!!)

STXFlatlander
07-07-2015, 11:21 AM
Howdy....I'm new to the forum but have followed this thread and the previous one it was created from (RIPP vs Magnuson SC Shootout) for a short time....whatever became of the final build and dyno runs?? I'm seriously considering this upgrade to my '13 JK Moab along with other needed items (basically stock now).

Rexx19
07-07-2015, 12:19 PM
x2^^ give us an UPDATE