PDA

View Full Version : JCR Offroad Dagger Rear Bumper

WhiteRavenRR
01-02-2015, 10:05 AM
I just ordered this rear bumper. Looks like I will have to cut the frame back past the rear crossmember. Sounds like it's going to be a good day when it happens! I will update this post as things develop.

Yoinkers
01-02-2015, 12:53 PM
Ive been considering this for a looong time.

I paid for the trailer group tho, do you cut that off completely? or does it fit under?

WhiteRavenRR
01-02-2015, 06:33 PM
This bumper has a hitch built in. It was the reason I chose it over the Poison Spyder BFH.

Snarf77
01-05-2015, 07:16 PM
LOD offers nice rear bumpers with integrated hitches. They really are useful for so many things besides towing. Luggage shelf, recovery point, bike rack, step, etc.

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3908/14352026287_e19d54d55d_z.jpg

JeepLab
01-05-2015, 09:25 PM
I like the JCR rear bumper.

I have the JCR front stubby now. I think its one of the few sunken winch bumpers that still keeps the fogs. I like it when people do stupid things on the road. I think to myself, all fun and games till 5000 lb betty behind this 3/16 steel bumper hits you, your totalled. I dont care if your in a hummer. BB is a high speed battering ram.

Im a super defensive driver tho. God forbid she gets scratched. LOL

WhiteRavenRR
01-05-2015, 09:32 PM
Yes LoD was at the top of my list for the longest time. I have their sliders and I really like them. I like their bumpers and all the options they offer. I have plans to put an EVO tire carrier on the back along with their Rock Skins so a bumper with optional integrated tire carrier was marked off the list and now I can also increase my departure angle with the JCR bumper.

WhiteRavenRR
01-05-2015, 09:38 PM
Im a super defensive driver tho. God forbid she gets scratched. LOL

Here in Oklahoma that's called pin striping!

I took mine down to the transfer station and weighed her. She was sitting at 4550. This was before the control arms though. I do try to keep tabs on all the weight!

Pznivy
01-11-2015, 06:19 PM
is this thing installed? Pic?

WhiteRavenRR
01-11-2015, 11:09 PM
Still hasn't shipped. You know me, I'm quick to post new items.

I talked to them the other day (last Thursday, I believe) and it was being sent to the cutting machine. What they told me is that they have had employees out due to sickness. They apparently have been getting quite the weather according to the news as well.

Hopefully it will ship this week. Trust me, I'm just as anxious to get it here. I sold my bumper fascia a few weeks ago so I've been running around town with my undercarriage exposed.

WhiteRavenRR
01-13-2015, 08:14 AM
Spoke to JCR yesterday. The bumper is in line to be bent into shape. They are hopeful it will be done within a 15 day turnaround. I would like to think this includes shipping to me but I'm not holding my breath.

WhiteRavenRR
01-20-2015, 05:35 PM
Spoke to JCR again. They claim the bumper is halfway through its build process and I should allow one to two more weeks. Maybe closer to one week since it is being shipped bare metal.

WhiteRavenRR
01-29-2015, 10:18 PM
Received notice yesterday that the bumper shipped on 12/31/1969. Thought that was a good laugh. It is scheduled to be here Monday. Wish it could have been here this past week with the weather we have been having. Looks like it will be done inside next week. Good news is that I am off work Monday thru Thursday so I will have plenty of time to work on it.

JeepLab
01-29-2015, 11:04 PM
I like the JCR stuff, i think it will be worth the wait.

Not much else on the market like their dagger.

WhiteRavenRR
01-30-2015, 10:13 AM
I've been anxious to finally get it here. Looking forward to finally getting back under the jeep.

Next step will hopefully be to add an aftermarket body-mounted tire carrier.

First things first...

Pznivy
01-30-2015, 12:22 PM
You gonna rattle can it?

Or go nuts with powder coat?

I like the JCR stuff, because you can spray paint it... beat it up, spray paint it again, without paying for powder coat over and over.

WhiteRavenRR
01-30-2015, 04:27 PM
I already have the rattle can bedliner bought and ready to go. I even bought a saw-z-all to get into the body mounts that need to be separated.

No need to pay extra for powder coating just to go beat it up.

WhiteRavenRR
02-02-2015, 06:33 PM
Bumper is here. Rear crossmember is cut. Fitment...well there's an issue with the brackets that fit into the frame. The welded nuts on the bracket were put together too high to match the hole in the frame. I have spoke to tech support and sent them pics and they are researching their jigs and any other problems that could have caused this. Pics will be uploaded later.

WhiteRavenRR
02-03-2015, 06:30 PM
Sent more pics to JCR. Allan @ JCR is a top notch hand. I appreciate everything he has done. They are sending me new brackets that are built differently than their jig style ones. It should be here Thursday. I hope to get pics on here soon but between kids and work, I am one busy cat.

WhiteRavenRR
02-12-2015, 11:01 PM
Bumper is here and after some install issues that came up and having to have new brackets made, I finally got this thing installed after using a little Okie Ingenuity. The issue was that the original brackets did not line up with the factory holes in the frame. I needed the side 5/8" welded nut to actually be 1/4-1/2" lower than what the first brackets came with. Well the second set they sent me moved the 5/8 bolt back a complete 2" and the nutsert sat outside the frame.

I will say that this bumper is very nice and very well built. The welds are extremely well done. Please enjoy the show:

Spray On foam packaging. Its a good thing as I heard the UPS man just drop it on the porch. Nice, dude, nice. Lucky it was a steel bumper inside.

Some shots of the welds.

The original brackets that were welded using a jig.

WhiteRavenRR
02-12-2015, 11:05 PM
The rear crossmember marked for removal.

First fitment before brackets being installed.

WhiteRavenRR
02-12-2015, 11:07 PM
The lining-up issue as it arose...

The view underneath the frame.

WhiteRavenRR
02-12-2015, 11:12 PM
One bracket as it sits in the frame.

The opposite side.

The new brackets that Allan sent.

The hardware set wasn't anywhere near complete. I was missing bolts and had too many of the larger ones that I only needed two of. These new brackets seemed to use smaller hardware as opposed to the original brackets.

WhiteRavenRR
02-12-2015, 11:17 PM
As you can see, these sat outside the frame. The designer had assured Allan that these would solve my issues. I was a little pissed at this point. I sent Allan an email with tons of pics through this whole process and I even gave him a piece of my mind. He said he was going to forward all my pics and emails on to all the managers throughout JCR to make sure that this is corrected.

The difference between the old and new.

WhiteRavenRR
02-12-2015, 11:34 PM
It was a week later after receiving the bumper that I got a phone call from Allan that was to give me a few options to solve the problem.

1. I could just run the bumper without using the larger 5/8's bolts. They just wouldn't recommend me towing anything extremely heavy.
(This was not an option as this was the reason I chose this bumper. Its minimal looks and integrated tow hitch that removed the OEM receiver from hanging down below the frame. Otherwise I would have went with the Poison Spyder BFH Rear Bumper. I explained this to Allan.)

2. Allan could have a new set of brackets made with the sides cut down to my needs and sent out that same day.
(I tossed this idea around but I really wanted to get this bumper on while I had the chance without having to wait on another set of parts. If I didn't think I could make this work with what I had at this point, I would have these made up.)

3. I could notch my frame where the 5/8 bolt holes needed to be lined up.
(This is the route I chose as I was tired of waiting at this point. I even told Allan that I had a fourth option of having this thing welded on but it would have been another expense that I would surely have sent them the bill.)

Keep in mind that I also had to notch the bumper itself to line up. I was not happy about that but it all worked out in the end. The 5/8"bolts still gave me fits as I threaded them in. It took me quite a while to finally get them put in and tightened down. I was sore the next day as if I installed a full lift kit.

Primer

Rattle can spray on bedliner.

WhiteRavenRR
02-12-2015, 11:42 PM

I did have to trim my actual hitch down some to clear the tub.

Overall, this JCR Dagger bumper is a well built piece of steel with high quality welds. On those aspects I speak highly of their quality. I also speak highly of their customer service as they listened and tried everything they could to help resolve the issues in a timely manner. My only true complaint is that they aren't open on Saturdays even though Allan did reply to my email on his own time. That makes it kind of really hard to have that as a true complaint.