PDA

View Full Version : I'm issuing a Challenge to Jeeplab!!!

KaiserBill
04-06-2015, 09:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5mqQBgobTY

I would like to see if the Jeeplab gang of Jeeps are up to a challenge of off-roading? I would like to challenge the new trucks ie anything not made in the middle of the 20th century to a design that was already 30 years old at the time to a nice day off roading at location of their choice.

Unfortunately, it cannot be too soon. I have to put some new parts onto my baby... But before the Summer is over the Duke will have the ARB air-locking differentials, new 365/85R20 tires and and few other minor cosmetic improvements. I'm not sure if it will have the 25K winch on it yet since that is part of my bigger plan. I'll probably slap on a 10K winch with PTO setup and couple of 30K snatch blocks to go along with it.

I'm big fan of thick soupy mud. Moderate rock crawling-- the truck really doesn't have any ROPS. Water is okay not a favorite-- way too many fluids to change actually-- but I'm not totally adverse to a good day in 30 plus deep water.

Since, I'm in the New York Area-- going to PA or other places isn't exactly a problem for me. So, consider the gauntlet thrown down. Cosider the Duke getting ready to play... Let it be a rumble in the jungle Old School v. New School high tech may the best truck win!!!!!!

KaiserBill
04-07-2015, 10:59 AM
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/ZTMwuvDLso0/0.jpg

Let's talk specs...

the venerable M35A2 6x6 2.5ton Cargo Truck

Engine: Continental LDT-465-1D 478CID Inline-6 turbocharged
Compression Ratio: 22:1
HP Rating: 140 to 160hp @ 2600rpm (The injector pumps where uprated to 160hp basically in the 1990's- 140hp was the original Hp rating).
Torque: 305Ft-lbs at 1400 rpm after being uprated they were more like 325ft-lbs at 1400rpm. Net between 297ft-lbs and 315ft-lbs.

Tires Stock: 9:00-20 NDT ( Bias Ply 40.70 inches in diameter) x 10 super single tires 11:00-20 NDT (Bias Ply diameter 42.00 inches) after 1993 ESP M35A3 Upgrade Michelin XL 14.5R20 (Radial construction 43 inches in diameter).

Front Axle:
Rockwell 6.72:1 single reduction gear set. Rated for 12,000lbs

Rear Axles
Rockwell 6.72:1 Double Reduction gear sets tandems rated for 24,000lbs

Transfer Case:
Rockwell fully synchronized with air-operated front axle disconnect

Hi Range 1.0:1
Low Range 1.98:1

Front Axle
Hi-Range 1.0:1
Low Range 2.137:1

Yes, the truck is designed with a different front and rear axle gear ratio in low range for the front axle. This is because the front axle is design to pull the truck out of tough conditions and is a throw back from automatic clutch unit setup that was originally installed on the M35 series trucks. It was later removed and replaced with driver controlled air-operated clutch.

Gross Vehicle Weight:

Off-road 18,000lbs
On Road 23,000lbs

The only additions:

3 x ARB Air Lockers
6 x Michelin XL 14.5R20 tires
1x 10,000Lbs Garwood Winch PTO operated.

Perhaps, some new paint.

Black Betty and the gang have more hp, torque, and technology than a 3 o 4 M35A2's combined have or ever will have. On paper there is nothing I can do to best the awesome power advantages that Black Betty and her gang have. However, call me an optimist I think "The Duke" has a lot of things going going for it and I think it would be an interesting match up to see Diesel V. Gas. Old School V. New School. Utility v. Comfort and finally won't it make a fun outing with great prospects for propaganda.

Not to mention VIKING HELMETS ARE A PLUS!

UselessPickles
04-07-2015, 12:32 PM
I like twisty/hilly narrow trails in the woods, and ripping up sand dunes. I suppose you could leave your truck in the parking lot and ride along in my passenger seat :-p

KaiserBill
04-07-2015, 12:38 PM
I like twisty/hilly narrow trails in the woods, and ripping up sand dunes. I suppose you could leave your truck in the parking lot and ride along in my passenger seat :-p

I usually just run the trees over. I think you're just scared that a 40 year old truck might actually be as capable if not more capable than a Jeep... I mean obviously, parking can be more problematic for me than you in a small spot.

WhiteRavenRR
04-07-2015, 03:55 PM
Or in a parking garage...

KaiserBill
04-07-2015, 04:00 PM
Or in a parking garage...

I live in the sticks so it doesn't matter.

Timmy
04-07-2015, 05:59 PM
I usually just run the trees over. I think you're just scared that a 40 year old truck might actually be as capable if not more capable than a Jeep... I mean obviously, parking can be more problematic for me than you in a small spot.

Dude, this a forum for Jeeps. I really don't care to hear about your 40 year old military vehicle. This would be like someone coming to a M35A2 forum that you enjoyed participating in wanting to only talk about their Mustang and then issuing you a challenge of your M35A2 against their Mustang in a race across America. I mean at some point you just say "really? Did you exit at the wrong Internet off-ramp somewhere? The M35A2 forum was at exit I-DONT-CARE a few miles back, might want to pull a [wide] u-turn and head back over there."

KaiserBill
04-07-2015, 06:02 PM
Timmy-- did this post have anything to do with you? I clearly made the title a challenge to Jeeplab. That would to me imply Ross Allen aka Ross of Jeeplab aka my Second Cousin! I'm also the guy that has made some of his videos...

I thought it would be a fun thing to create a challenge between old technology and new technology. I was under the crazy impression that you people were more than MALL Crawlers!

You're statement might have a point if I went to your thread whining about your silly lift kit and said dude you need truck x or whatever. Did I do that? No, I clearly made a threat about Jeeps and My Toy to have a little friendly competition build up some exposure here... and Who knows perhaps we would make a video of it for the Jeeplab site and have some fun.

That is all.... I see that is way too hard for you to comprehend.

Timmy
04-07-2015, 06:12 PM
Dude, does a challenge like this even concern you???

My point exactly...

KaiserBill
04-07-2015, 06:18 PM
My point exactly...

You point is that you have no point-- awesome!!! You get down with you bad yourself man.

KaiserBill
04-07-2015, 06:55 PM
I think it could make a fun and interesting little video for Jeeplab... And that was really all my goal was to see what would happen.

UselessPickles
04-07-2015, 09:41 PM
I wrote a script to make all of KaiserBill's forum posts much more enjoyable to read:

click for full size (http://www.uselesspickles.com/files/jeep/derp.png)
http://www.uselesspickles.com/files/jeep/derp.png

:p

KaiserBill
04-08-2015, 07:06 AM
I figured this was you pickles--

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8SWMAQYQf0

Snarf77
04-08-2015, 09:06 AM
I'd happily show you up off-roading at Rausch Creek on any of the technical trails. Then to show up any jeep there, you simply could drive into/through a really deep water or mud pit (though there are many there that would eat your truck alive) reserved for full size trucks with 44s and no interior. The vehicles are simply too different to compare effectively off road.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XneIZgkrszM

JeepLab
04-08-2015, 09:47 AM
What is going on here? I turn my back for a moment and the kaiser is running wild? LOL

This challenge is no challenge at all, because that monster truck of kaiser's wouldn't be allowed in raunch creek or anywhere else. They would put up a road block before let that thing thru.

Next time I'm up your way we can see how BB does vs the Deuce, but tho she will climb rocks like a spider, I don't send BB thru deep mud. Its just not worth the mess. Deep water? sure. Rocks and gravel? sure. Sand? Sure. Mud is just more trouble than its worth.

KaiserBill
04-08-2015, 12:34 PM
What is going on here? I turn my back for a moment and the kaiser is running wild? LOL

This challenge is no challenge at all, because that monster truck of kaiser's wouldn't be allowed in raunch creek or anywhere else. They would put up a road block before let that thing thru.

Next time I'm up your way we can see how BB does vs the Deuce, but tho she will climb rocks like a spider, I don't send BB thru deep mud. Its just not worth the mess. Deep water? sure. Rocks and gravel? sure. Sand? Sure. Mud is just more trouble than its worth.

Rausch Creek has no size limits... I've checked before... So, you're saying that Black Betty has an aversion to the mud? Personally, I stick to the mud and use the pressure washer on it afterwards. But if you like deep water I can do deep water. I'll just bring a lot of gear oil and a transfer pump.

Remember with 3xARB airlockers I will be able to climb well above my rated 60% grade.... 20% slde slopes are still the same.

Does, that mean it is on like donkey kong???

I would prefer a place with lots of loose dirt and deep holes -- a place where you really put your differential lockers to work. But Rausch Creek will do...

It could be an Epic Top Gearesque Rumble In The Jungle!

KaiserBill
04-08-2015, 12:41 PM
I'd happily show you up off-roading at Rausch Creek on any of the technical trails. Then to show up any jeep there, you simply could drive into/through a really deep water or mud pit (though there are many there that would eat your truck alive) reserved for full size trucks with 44s and no interior. The vehicles are simply too different to compare effectively off road.

That's the sort of testosterone driven response I'm looking for!!! I like this feisty attitude. It think this could be great fun to put on Video...

Lake Christie-- I bet I can get across it with 3 ARB lockers and fewer other goodies I have planned for traction. Since, most people don't put 3xARB airlockers into their M35's I'm bit on the odd side. Coupled with the better traction of the Michelin XL 14.5R20's with perhaps some nasty studded mud-chains-- Lake Christie does stand a chance. Also my interior is spartan to say the least.

Rexx19
04-08-2015, 01:28 PM
Also my interior is spartan to say the least.

this is SPARTA!!!!

KaiserBill
04-08-2015, 01:38 PM
this is SPARTA!!!!

I'm not a fan of the Spartans myself-- I'm more a fan of the Huns!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVeAp_qZ_Zc

I think my next vehicle will be named Attila... it will have to have an 8x8 layout...

KaiserBill
04-09-2015, 07:38 PM
Jeeplab-- I think this can be your only response.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eA4FxBQ020k

This could be a lot fun... And you know you might have to let Black Betty get a little muddy in the name of Jeep Dominance!

KaiserBill
04-12-2015, 10:34 PM
See Jeeplab-- This is the feel good buddy Jeep and Deuce video of the last decade.... we need to do the hardcore Jeep and Deuce Showdown Buddy video this decade of the 21st century!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-ByDhitV40

I get to be Khan in our video-- Khan was cool...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaVIIoRKBlk

KaiserBill
04-14-2015, 05:20 PM
Oh no... Black Betty is going to be sold... So, I'll take On Betty's Successor then!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liIlW-ovx0Y