PDA

View Full Version : The Exhaust Thread...

Rexx19
04-12-2015, 08:27 PM
Ive been shopping for an exhaust for MONTHS. Im exhausted!

Who Im interested in -

RIPP
Magnaflow
Pypes
Borla

Whoever else you guys have some experience with and like. If you dont like them, i'd like to know too!

ljvsnyder
04-13-2015, 08:50 AM
Since you have the RIPP posted I assume you are looking for one the moves the muffler to under the passenger compartment? I like my Pypes HGC system, although at lower highway speeds the drone is pretty loud. Acceleration seems improved and fuel mileage is up by 1 mpg around town. Not much difference in mileage on the highway. I am interested to hear RIPP's system, they claim to have a great sound when you get on it.

Snarf77
04-13-2015, 12:00 PM
I don't think any of the exhaust systems have been shown to add power or MPG. I believe they simply change how the engine sounds. I haven't been in enough jeeps with exhaust systems to make a decision on which to buy for Jesse's Girl. The youtube sound bytes just don't do it for me. I want to hear it for myself; probably why I've been "thinking about it" for over a year.

Don't discount AFE's systems - they are pretty darn nice.

JeepLab
04-13-2015, 09:13 PM
Im kicking around the idea of custom pipes.

I'm going to get a look at the RIPP exhaust when they get back in stock because I just HAVE to hear it up close.

Who's got a magnaflow? Can we get a sound byte on it? And really does any exhaust not have drone?

Yoinkers
04-14-2015, 06:59 AM
x2 on a magnaflow review. Also, who's got a long arm? I think some have problems with the loop section. True?