PDA

View Full Version : I have a question---

KaiserBill
04-13-2015, 08:16 PM
How many of you have put tire chains on your new jeep for either snow or mud service?

JeepLab
04-13-2015, 09:07 PM
BB never needs traction. I sing the song from "the animal" commercial when she climbs through snow.

Who out there is old enough to know the words to that song?

Matsango
04-14-2015, 06:57 AM
Nothing can stop...... The animal
Hahaha. I used to have it

Yoinkers
04-14-2015, 06:58 AM
Nothing can stop...... The animal
Hahaha. I used to have it

great song. Now its in my head.... Those things were super cool.

KaiserBill
04-14-2015, 08:09 AM
BB never needs traction. I sing the song from "the animal" commercial when she climbs through snow.

Who out there is old enough to know the words to that song?

Sure, BB needs more traction--- everyone needs more traction. Especially, in heavy wet snow and ice...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p3HjSlVJA0

See, if you want to go through 3-5 feet of snow you need to turn your tires into paddles.

Snarf77
04-14-2015, 11:26 AM
I've not put any chains on a jeep. I've never been in a situation with more than 18 inches of snow. I have tire CABLES I keep in the car in case I get stuck in a surprise storm in the mountains or whatnot. I've used them and they are life-savers (perhaps literally).

KaiserBill
04-14-2015, 05:14 PM
I've not put any chains on a jeep. I've never been in a situation with more than 18 inches of snow. I have tire CABLES I keep in the car in case I get stuck in a surprise storm in the mountains or whatnot. I've used them and they are life-savers (perhaps literally).

I prefer the V-bar chains to cables myself. Of course cables are better for the road and they easier to put on the vehicle, but, nothing is better than a good set of aggressive v-bars or other type of heavy duty link design. I also like the Rudd Supergreifsteg model chains. However, I also believe in supporting the local business economy and Mr. Clothier is right in Vestal, NY so I set up an appointment to get my new tires measured and custom chains made for it. Stop some place like Rausch Creek after a major rain storm-- Let there be MUD!