PDA

View Full Version : First TRUCKLAB Thread!

JeepLab
09-10-2015, 12:00 PM
First, Dont be concerned, Im still a Jeep nutcase. However, im planning to have the first 2017 wrangler, and in the mean time, I figured I'd share my other vehicle with you guys.

Its a 2015 Ram 1500. "Ramela" LOL.

She's and outdoorsman model with stock steel bumpers. 8 speed auto and a Hemi. I was planning to go with the diesel, but for the extra money, it would take 100,000 miles to see a savings in gas. I just dont drive that much to get there in the 2 years i plan to have it.

The good stuff about RAM -

- you can lock the tailgate with the fob.
- 8 speed auto
- big cabin. Really big compared to the jeep.
- storage, even with the short box I got is also excellent.

The bad

- Tailgate doesnt have a piston to lower it. slams down.
- dosent really seat 5 people. The center seat in the back is for a small child. A standard size human would not be happy to sit there.

JeepLab
09-10-2015, 12:09 PM
Ive put about 4500 miles on it. I will say, the 8 speed auto is fantastic. I was concerned about having 3.91 gearing because I was expecting it to hum on the highway with stock wheels geared that low. But it dosent. The 8 speed auto keeps it at 2k rpm even cruising at 80 mph. That is excellent. I just did 5 hours in it a few days ago, and its a rocket on the highway, and so quiet, the wife and baby slept the whole way.

Im going to go as far as to say, move over mini-vans, the Ram 1500 may be the new family car. I have the crew cab.

Yoinkers
09-10-2015, 02:50 PM
Did you not look at the aluminum F-150? That thing is the future.

JeepLab
12-29-2015, 08:50 PM
ehh, i think the F150 turned out to be less revolutionary than everyone expected.