PDA

View Full Version : Safari Straps For Pickup Trucks

JeepLab
09-10-2015, 03:18 PM
Everyone knows how much i love the safari straps on the jeeps. Black Betty was not herself without the safari straps and tube doors.

Its not quite the same with a pickup truck but they are very handy. They make this model for a short box pickup truck. They are about $200.

I know what your thinking. $200 for something to strap stuff down in the truck? Are you crazy? Home depot sells ratchet straps for 10 bucks.

They do, but they are not anywhere near as good as this. You have to position ratchet straps, vs, with the safari straps, you just throw them over whatever gear you have and strap them down in the corners.

JeepLab
09-10-2015, 03:20 PM
Here are some shots of them working to secure stuff in the bed.

gbaumann
09-11-2015, 04:04 PM
Cargo nets have been around for centuries and for good reason. They capture odd sizes and shapes quickly and distribute the load pretty evenly. I love these things! Now what's in the boxes underneath. Do I see large boxes from Bosch and DeWalt at Home Depot? There's just no better use of safari straps then holding down your tools!

Rexx19
09-18-2015, 08:57 AM
Whats that tonneu cover that rolls up? Thats pretty cool.

Pznivy
09-18-2015, 10:23 AM
x2. whats the tonneau? Secondly, is that a bed extender in the bed? Do the two work together? (mine don't)

JeepLab
12-29-2015, 08:52 PM
Whats that tonneu cover that rolls up? Thats pretty cool.

The tonneu cover is the revolver x2. And no it does not work with the bed extender. It also doesnt seal correctly. not my favorite purchase. And the customer service is less than spectacular.