PDA

View Full Version : Snap-On

JeepLab
03-12-2014, 12:46 PM
Here is the first thing to look at when you're starting your Snap-On collection.

Its a 100 tooth ratchet with an adjustable head, and a long shank.

The 100 teeth mean that you will get a "click" in tight spaces were ratchets with less teeth will no "click".

When I was installing the Viair compressor mounted to the JK's break booster, this was the only ratchet that I could get into the work space, AND click.

and where other ratchets (none cheap) would not have the space to cycle this ratchet clicked 3 or 4 times. Its a MUST have.

JeepLab
03-12-2014, 12:47 PM

Definitely our favorite 3/8s ratchet.

JeepLab
03-12-2014, 06:59 PM
More Tools At Rock Krawler....

In this shot a Snap-On Ratchet set with their Dual 80 Ratchet and shallow and deep sockets are being used.

We like Snap-On Sockets in 6 point.

If you blindfolded me and made me pick up 20 sockets, I could tell which were Snap-On's. They feel different than others. Their Chrome layer is thicker, and the sockets are heavier. If you've picked them up, you know what I'm talking about.

Snarf77
03-13-2014, 05:30 PM
I could have really used that 100 tooth ratchet installing my metalcloak overline fenders. I had two nuts I had to access between the inner fender well and the headlamp that allowed only about an inch of movement. MAYBE one click with my ratchet. I think that would have solved my issue.