PDA

View Full Version : How TALL is your Jeep?

JeepLab
03-26-2014, 05:52 PM
This will be an interesting thread. Here's the format.

Lift Size:
Tire Size:

Overall Height

Have you hit anything being so tall? (low bridge?)

Do you like the height? Do you wish it was higher or lower?

JeepLab
03-26-2014, 05:59 PM
Ill kick it off -

Lift Size - Rock Krawler 2.5 x-factor coilover - 2.5 inches
Tire Size - BFG Km2 - 37 inches

Overall height - 74 inches.

Have I hit anything at this height? YES. I bashed the truck into a sign in a parking garage in NYC. It had the soft top on tho, with the bows in the middle that make it an inch or two taller. The sign cleared the windshield thank god, but hit the soft top.

I like the height. I wouldnt go higher. Lift is plenty capable.

Deola
03-27-2014, 11:04 AM
73 inches to the hardtop with 34 psi in the 35s and 2.5 inch lift

WhiteRavenRR
04-01-2014, 05:38 PM
Lift size: 2.5" Teraflex Performance Budget Boost
(Rock Krawler 2.5" Stock Mod on order)
Tire size: 35"

Overall height at the soft top bow is right around 74 inches. This is before the front bumper. I have some of the heavier factory springs so I think that adds some height. I have since added a Trektop NX and some Fox Shocks that boosted it another inch or so. I also have a snorkel which has now become my highest point and I haven't rechecked the height in a while.

And yes, I have clipped my own garage door.

JeepLab
04-01-2014, 06:41 PM
Lift size: 2.5" Teraflex Performance Budget Boost
(Rock Krawler 2.5" Stock Mod on order)
Tire size: 35"

Overall height at the soft top bow is right around 74 inches. This is before the front bumper. I have some of the heavier factory springs so I think that adds some height. I have since added a Trektop NX and some Fox Shocks that boosted it another inch or so. I also have a snorkel which has now become my highest point and I haven't rechecked the height in a while.

And yes, I have clipped my own garage door.

Ugh the garage door? did you catch a corner? or bash the windshield?

WhiteRavenRR
04-01-2014, 10:14 PM
Caught the bow from the soft top. Luckily I was going slow enough that all it did was just nudge the door up in its track a bit. No harm done to either.

WhiteRavenRR
04-01-2014, 10:16 PM
My antenna used to catch the door backing out too before I finally cut it down. It caught one time and almost brought the door down onto my hood. I would not have been a happy camper with a crease across that.