Close

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Being a research nut, I began to comparison shop and the seats that seemed like the highest quality were the wet okole seats. The website was easy enough to navigate, but I like to call and talk to people when I buy stuff, just to be sure I’m getting what I expect.

Neoprene – The seats are handmade from neoprene and I know your saying to yourself, wetsuits are neoprene, and they don’t keep the water out. That is neoprene is “open cell”. The wet okole seat covers are made from “closed cell” neoprene. It was the first question I asked and it seemed like they get asked that very question regularly. I ordered the standard black front and back seat covers for my 2012 JKUR. They took about a week to 10 days to receive. Opening the box. First, Ill tell you these are heavier than I expected. They don’t weigh a ton, but they feel like they are high quality. They are rather soft with the padding added, and I couldn’t find any problems with the stitching, and believe me I looked very closely. All parts were there, headrests down to the center console. No silly peripherals to buy.

Waterproof? In a word, Yes. I took the center console, as it was the easiest part to handle for testing and draped it over a Tupperware bowl. Then filled it with water and watched to see if any drips could be seen through the clear plastic. Not one. I let it sit there for 3 minutes waiting for it to soak through, and the neoprene held up. I used enough water that it didn’t get absorbed by the material, the liquid sat on top of the neoprene, what I mean by that is that the neoprene wasn’t absorbing the water, the other side was still dry when I dumped it out.

Last edited by JeepLab; 02-16-2014 at 08:51 PM. Reason: removed video