Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Results are in!

I swapped the cheap OEM-like mirrors around with the real OEM mirrors.

When mounted to the doors, both mirrors suffer from slight shaking of the mirror glass when hitting bumps. The cheap mirrors shake a little bit more, but I probably wouldn't have noticed the difference if I wasn't specifically looking for and comparing the shaking. Before this, I also never even noticed that the OEM mirrors shake a bit on bumps.

When mounted to the DieTech brackets, both mirrors shake noticeably more when hitting bumps. They also both suffer from slight occasional shaking on apparently smooth roads. Like on the door, the cheap mirrors shake a little bit more than OEM. If I'm just driving and not thinking about the shaking, it's not shaking bad enough to bother me and call my attention to the fact that it is shaking. It's definitely there, but has not yet made itself noticeable by interfering with the effectiveness of the mirrors. They still do the job.

Neither mirrors have ever shaken out of adjustment.

Knowing what I know now, if I had to do it again, I would still buy the cheap mirrors. They shake a little bit more, and they require less force to adjust (which increases the chance of accidental adjustment, but also makes it a bit easier to fine-tune the aim of the mirror), but the difference is not big enough to make it worth paying twice as much for OEM.

I decided to put my OEM mirrors on the DieTech brackets and the cheap mirrors on my doors. I'm basically trading slightly more shaking with doors on for slightly less shaking with doors off, bringing them closer to each other for a more consistent experience.

This does makes me wonder about DieTech's "no vibrating" claim. I've also seen other people claim there's no vibrating with their DieTech brackets. Did I get a bad set of brackets, or am I just more nit-picky? Do other mirror brackets vibrate so much more that the DieTech brackets are relatively vibration-free in comparison?
    Last edited by UselessPickles; 06-01-2014 at 07:01 PM.

no vibrating, means no vibrating where I come from.

If your looking in the mirror at speed, and you can see things shaking....thats vibrating.

Regardless, your truck looks great. Im a step behind as my girlfriend, keeps trying to keep me from stripping the doors....for her hair.