Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
Got my new gears installed finally (4.56.) So far, I'm very happy with them. I think 4.56 on 37" match pretty well to the feel of a stock wrangler with the tow package (ie. 3.73 gearing.) I do think that I could have gone with 4.88 gears and I would have been just as happy. I've got a set of 35" studded duratrac tires I run in the winter, so the 4.56 gears will probably work better with the smaller winter tires than what the 4.88 would have.

Gas mileage on the way home from the shop was round 19mpg at around 60mph. I was able to cruise in 6th gear at 60mph with some slight hills and it still had enough power for the cruise to handle it, but it's still tall enough that I'm right at 2k RPM @ 60mph and getting good gas mileage.

Just removed the OEM front bumper tonight, the new ARB bumper and winch is going on tomorrow! Temps are forecast at 70 degrees this next week, so it just might be time to go into summer-time mode and get the doors and top off!
The difference between 4.56 and 4.88 is bigger than you think. You made the right choice ESPECIALLY if you want to run duratracs.