Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    snarf helped me with my metalcloak bumpers and suspension when i was making my decision.

i can take a video if you would like. i was thinking about doing one anyway because of all the questions i have gotten with 5.13s.

"comfortable highway cruise" - whats not comfortable to you? we could have a very different frame of reference, what are you comparing it to?

oh also how does it compare to snarf's experience? he went with 4.88s

*edit*
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    With 4.88s and 37s, I struggled to maintain 75mph.
    the way my local shop explained it to me is that they told me to ignore the garbage on the internet and just go with what it feels like (these guys have been 4x4 racing for 15 years). they said 4.88s with 37s (what i will have eventually) is going to feel like stock rubicon with 4.10s and 31s or whatever is on them. if you want to get back to stock feel with 37s, you go 4.88s. if you want something that feels better, go with 5.13s and 37s. this was tough for me, but he laughed and said let your engineer/comp science brain go for a minute and just trust me. if you want it to feel better than stock on 37s, go 5.13s. so i did on 35s for now.

again, more horsepower changes a lot so i have no idea what a turbo or super charger changes but going with "the feel" feels good right now. i would probably never go 5.13s if i had an LS for example.
    Last edited by dalearyous; 03-24-2015 at 09:52 PM.