Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
I just went from 4.56 on 35's to 37's. Mine is a 13 auto. So far I am happy with the change. My highway rpm is a bit lower for highway cruising which is nice at 75 to 80. As far as on the rocks I really didn't notice any big difference in crawling. I am checking gas milage averages right now. I did the Procal and am checking it against a GPS and some known distances to calibrate it. All in all I am happy with my 37's on 4.56 gears.
Sweet Jeep Gunner! Love the color. Glad to hear that you like the 4.56's on 37" tires. My gears finally arrived and I'm scheduled for April 16th for the install. Feels like I'm waiting forever to get these gears in!!! With the 35" tires and the 3.73 gears, the Jeep was drivable and fun. Going to 37" tires, it's still drivable, but it's lost some of the fun factor. I'm having to balance the clutch/gas a lot more, which takes the fun out of it.

Took it off-road this weekend. Stuff the right rear 37" tire and of course it rubbed on the fender ;-) The need for upgrades never stops. Can't believe the price these manufacturers want for flat fenders. I'm toying with the idea of going the cheap route and cutting the stock fenders, then I can also get the shape I want. I figure if I cut them and don't like them, I can pick up lightly used ones on Craigslist for dirt cheap and try again. Naturally I was looking at your flat fenders on your Jeep!