Close

For $14, this should have been my very first upgrade.

For $14, these under hood lights should have been my very first upgrade.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20160830_19_32_59_Rich.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	1737

I installed a new Switch Pro's SP-8100 electric distribution system. Got so damn tired of not being able to see under the hood to wire everything up despite having lights in the garage and flashlights pointed where I needed. Looking back, these under hood lights were so stupid simple to install it should almost be a pre-req for every Jeep owner before doing anything else under the hood. It also came about because now I have 8 buttons in my dash to use and I'm looking for things to power off it so now I have these under hood lights linked to one of the buttons. I think my next project will be an air compressor and then some rear cargo lights, that should consume two more buttons!

I may even go crazy and buy another strip or two of these LED lights and install them down low under the Jeep for when I work down there.

For $14, you get 10 Tri-LED modules strung up as 64" in total with 3M double sided tape to adhere it. In my case, I cut the rope so I had five modules at the top of the hood that pretty well pointed straight down when the hood is open (except one I pointed a hair towards the bumper which you can see in the pic,) and then I cut two more sections of two modules for each side and just wired them in with the included extra wire they provide. I have one remaining LED module that I'm not sure where to put right now. I'll probably hold on to it and toss it in when I find that next really dark spot that is pissing me off.

I wish the Switch Pro's came with more stickers. Couldn't figure out which one I wanted to use for this, so I decided to go with "Hood" even though most think of that as an LED bar on the hood. In my case, LED's under the hood! (The solid green buttons are ones I haven't configured to do anything yet, thus the reasons no stickers on them.)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20160830_19_33_11_Rich.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	1738

Here's what I bought on Amazon:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This upgrade made me so damn happy that I just stood there with a beer in my hand for like 15 minutes just staring at my engine bay in my dark garage ;-)
    Last edited by Timmy; 08-31-2016 at 12:41 AM.
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.