Let's not discount the categorical colors in the chart. First, I'm speaking as a person with a naturally aspirated 3.6 Rubicon 6MT 2door. I recently added my lift and 37' KM2s and geared to 4.88. I also did a ton of research and chose 4.88s specifically for the improved gear ratio for crawling off road, even with my Rubicon T-case. The color charts above, even with at 36" actual tire size, put me at a low/middle mark in the "blue" or performance category. This is great to me and she drives better than stock around town when accelerating at in-town speeds, up to 60mph or there abouts. Point is, though I have the 4.88s, my vehicle's use is different from Ross' (e.g. 80mph highway) and I made the decision to gear at 4.88. Seems great for now, and I'm very happy. The most highway driving I'll do in Jesse's Girl will be about 2 hours to the off road park. I have a second 40mpg vehicle for the highway.

The REAL test will be when I move to forced induction adding more power and torque. I see Ross' point being entirely probable in the prediction that when I have more power, the same 4.88 gears that made my jeep drive well with 37s, could actually serve to hold my jeep hostage to the new found power.

If that is the case, then so be it and I'll have to make the change. Either way, I'll let everyone in Jeeplab know my opinion as objectively as possible!