Quote Originally Posted by dalearyous View Post
i guess i should have said inexperienced instead of ignorant. i only know what i have and i have not driven anything else other than stock rubicons and stock sports.

i have the superchips flashpaq 3872 and have tried to dial in the tach and speedometer as close as possible. i have done the unscientific verification with my wife following me as well as tried to measure distance. basically, at 70 mph im running rite around 2700 rpms. obviously resistance will change that a bit. wind against me its a little higher, wind behind me its a little less. 75mph runs around 2800 ish. 80mph is like right at the 3000 rpm mark. i know the RPMs seem high but the jeep seems to be perfectly fine at those RPMs. like i said, i don't feel like i am taxing it more than lets say 2700 RPMs. i think with 37s it will be perfect which is what i was going for. i am in virginia where the highways are 70 mph speed limit so i go 75 and happy to cruise there.

now if i had your supercharger i would probably be singing a different tune. but most people don't have a super charger so they post about what they have, HOPEFULLY. but yes to your original post, i would completely throw away someone's post about gears when their signature states they are stock or running stock gears on lift and bigger tires. you just don't know until you do it and i think that is the fear and why there are so many threads about it.

btw, snarf and i have had a LOT of conversations on the wrangler forum. seems like a solid guy.
Snarf is more technical than I am. where Im inches, he is millimeters. However, My brain cannot comprehend you having 5.13, AND 35s (which are really less) and still having a comfortable highway cruise. Something is off somewhere. With 4.88s and 37s, I struggled to maintain 75mph.

Thats why I asked if your tach and odometer were calibrated correctly.

I drove for a loooong time with them out of wack and never knew it. Till i tested with a 2 hour drive.