Just another follow-up to the book I just published (sorry, I write a lot.)

For what it's worth, I took a fairly good look at the gearing options from stock, to 35" tires to 37" tires. It is becoming very apparent to me of the following based on RPM vs. MPH vs. Gear (I'm now realizing I'm re-inventing the wheel here, aka, the chart at the beginning of this forum.)

3.6L JK with 6spd Manual (Auto is probably the same.)
3.23 Gearing on stock tires = 3.73 gearing on 35" tires = 4.10 gearing on 37" tires (basically a base JK feel.)
3.73 Gearing on stock tires = 4.10 gearing on 35" tires = 4.56 gearing on 37" tires (basically a JKU with the max tow package feel.)
4.10 Gearing on stock tires = 4.56 gearing on 35" tires = 4.88 gearing on 37" tires (basically a Rubicon feel.)

In each case, the gearing is slightly steeper to the 35" tires, and then slightly steeper yet to the 37" tires. It's not by much, about 1% change for each, but that is enough to possibly make up for the difference of the added weight of the tires.

Maybe the real question we need to be targeting for people is... If you went to a dealer and test drove a base JK, a JKU with the max towing package and a Rubicon, which did you like driving the most?

The little equation I just posted above is basically what the graphical chart at the beginning of this thread shows, I think it just puts it in a little more in-your-face, easier to digest style as you know you could go to a dealer and experience all three to better understand what you could expect from your Jeep after a re-gear.