Quote Originally Posted by dalearyous View Post
i have the superchips flashpaq 3872 and have tried to dial in the tach and speedometer as close as possible

i have done the unscientific verification with my wife following me as well as tried to measure distance. basically, at 70 mph im running rite around 2700 rpms. obviously resistance will change that a bit. wind against me its a little higher, wind behind me its a little less
Durp? You just be-futtled my brain... I'm hoping I'm just reading this wrong, but I wouldn't think you would be able to "dial in the tach," and I can't imagine your RPM's would change based on resistance?

Very curious... Why not just set your cruise control at 70Mph and then use the GPS on your phone to tell you how fast you are going and then use Superchips to adjust your speedo as needed until it is dead-on accurate? This is what I did with my AEV Procal. I programmed for what was suppose to be the correct tire size, went out on the road and verified and then adjusted as needed. Right now I'm running exactly 1 Mph slower than what my speedo says. I could correct that so it is dead accurate but I'm leaving it that way in case anyone else drives my Jeep so they have just a slight buffer should they ever get pulled over.