Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
3.6L JK with 6spd Manual (Auto is probably the same.)
3.23 Gearing on stock tires = 3.73 gearing on 35" tires = 4.10 gearing on 37" tires (basically a base JK feel.)
3.73 Gearing on stock tires = 4.10 gearing on 35" tires = 4.56 gearing on 37" tires (basically a JKU with the max tow package feel.)
4.10 Gearing on stock tires = 4.56 gearing on 35" tires = 4.88 gearing on 37" tires (basically a Rubicon feel.)
i like this. this is basically how it was described to me.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
"Drive what feels best" is no answer at all. Anyone can agree with that. The driver's goals will dictate what feels best, and with gears you rarely know how its going to feel until you've spent the money and ripped your diffs apart.

Im not against 5.13, please dont take it that way, Tonka, our JK on 40s has 5.13 and no SC and she feels fast. there are different opinions with regard to this related to driving style and location. In NJ you want to be able to drive fast as well as wheel. I also have a 4 to 1 transfer case that gives a little more freedom to run a little less gear.

the best information is for those of us who have actually done it to share with others what our trucks do mathematically now. Then others can get in their trucks and run their RPM up to where we say ours go to maintain highway speed, and see if thats livable for them.
"drive what feels best" as in like what was said, try and find and test drive other peoples rigs and then make a decision. i understand and i am not offended at all. your original post was trying to be informative and point out some glaring misinformation that people use to select gears and i agree with it. i also started this late, on my phone, and just now (on my computer) realize what timmy's rig is and that he does not have a SC. so that explains a bit.