Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
OMG TIMMY! Did I screw you? You followed my lead on 4.56 and regret it? That hurts me to my core.

I see no way that it could be the wrong decision for highway driving like you are talking about, but wouldn't disagree with your experience.

How heavy is your rig? lots of steel? maybe thats the difference?
Oh man, don't sweat it for a second. I researched a ton from a lot of different resources. One of the reasons I picked the 4.56 is that I felt if I erred in my decision, I would rather error too low than too high as us manual guys can always just down shift if you error low ;-) Also, I was always planning on going with a supercharger and I suspected that your own preference between the two gears was because of your supercharger. I didn't want to buy 4.88's and then toss in a supercharger and wish I had put the 4.56's in. I'd rather have the 4.56's and wish I had a supercharger and move that direction. Sadly, my damn family keeps sucking away all my fun money (haha!)

As for heavy... Compared to yours, yeah I'd be heavier. My Toyo's are heavier than your tires and I also have a full width front and rear ARB bumper. Everything else is pretty well stock so it shouldn't be much more than say 150lbs though. I can easily make that up by taking my top and doors off (which I do all summer) but even with that weight off the 4.56's are still just not enough.