Close

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I just went from 4.56 on 35's to 37's. Mine is a 13 auto. So far I am happy with the change. My highway rpm is a bit lower for highway cruising which is nice at 75 to 80. As far as on the rocks I really didn't notice any big difference in crawling. I am checking gas milage averages right now. I did the Procal and am checking it against a GPS and some known distances to calibrate it. All in all I am happy with my 37's on 4.56 gears.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Calico.jpg  
    Mod, ORE Magnum 44 sleeves and welded C's, RCVshafts, 4.56 gears, Riddler diff covers, JEReel 1350 driveshafts, Evap relocation kit, AEV rear diff skid, JPI transfer case skid, ORE oil pan armor, Advanced Adapters shift cable, RK 3.5 lift with King 2.5 res shocks with adjusters, MB Black Razor 17-8.5 wheels with 37 MTRK's, poison Spyder brawler sliders, in powder coat, PSC front with a Warn Zeon Platinum and PSC BFH rear bumper.PSC Tire carrier. Oh yeah a Cobra75 to squak on.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner View Post
    I just went from 4.56 on 35's to 37's. Mine is a 13 auto. So far I am happy with the change. My highway rpm is a bit lower for highway cruising which is nice at 75 to 80. As far as on the rocks I really didn't notice any big difference in crawling. I am checking gas milage averages right now. I did the Procal and am checking it against a GPS and some known distances to calibrate it. All in all I am happy with my 37's on 4.56 gears.
    Sweet Jeep Gunner! Love the color. Glad to hear that you like the 4.56's on 37" tires. My gears finally arrived and I'm scheduled for April 16th for the install. Feels like I'm waiting forever to get these gears in!!! With the 35" tires and the 3.73 gears, the Jeep was drivable and fun. Going to 37" tires, it's still drivable, but it's lost some of the fun factor. I'm having to balance the clutch/gas a lot more, which takes the fun out of it.

Took it off-road this weekend. Stuff the right rear 37" tire and of course it rubbed on the fender ;-) The need for upgrades never stops. Can't believe the price these manufacturers want for flat fenders. I'm toying with the idea of going the cheap route and cutting the stock fenders, then I can also get the shape I want. I figure if I cut them and don't like them, I can pick up lightly used ones on Craigslist for dirt cheap and try again. Naturally I was looking at your flat fenders on your Jeep!
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

Yes they do cost. But I ended up resting on 2 wheels and my right rear fender on this little spot. All I got was some rash on the fender lip. If I had not had a good solid fender on it I would have banged up a door like my buddy did on the jeep right behind me. It was well worth the bucks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails scratch fendr.jpg  
    Mod, ORE Magnum 44 sleeves and welded C's, RCVshafts, 4.56 gears, Riddler diff covers, JEReel 1350 driveshafts, Evap relocation kit, AEV rear diff skid, JPI transfer case skid, ORE oil pan armor, Advanced Adapters shift cable, RK 3.5 lift with King 2.5 res shocks with adjusters, MB Black Razor 17-8.5 wheels with 37 MTRK's, poison Spyder brawler sliders, in powder coat, PSC front with a Warn Zeon Platinum and PSC BFH rear bumper.PSC Tire carrier. Oh yeah a Cobra75 to squak on.

Got my new gears installed finally (4.56.) So far, I'm very happy with them. I think 4.56 on 37" match pretty well to the feel of a stock wrangler with the tow package (ie. 3.73 gearing.) I do think that I could have gone with 4.88 gears and I would have been just as happy. I've got a set of 35" studded duratrac tires I run in the winter, so the 4.56 gears will probably work better with the smaller winter tires than what the 4.88 would have.

Gas mileage on the way home from the shop was round 19mpg at around 60mph. I was able to cruise in 6th gear at 60mph with some slight hills and it still had enough power for the cruise to handle it, but it's still tall enough that I'm right at 2k RPM @ 60mph and getting good gas mileage.

Just removed the OEM front bumper tonight, the new ARB bumper and winch is going on tomorrow! Temps are forecast at 70 degrees this next week, so it just might be time to go into summer-time mode and get the doors and top off!
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    Got my new gears installed finally (4.56.) So far, I'm very happy with them. I think 4.56 on 37" match pretty well to the feel of a stock wrangler with the tow package (ie. 3.73 gearing.) I do think that I could have gone with 4.88 gears and I would have been just as happy. I've got a set of 35" studded duratrac tires I run in the winter, so the 4.56 gears will probably work better with the smaller winter tires than what the 4.88 would have.

Gas mileage on the way home from the shop was round 19mpg at around 60mph. I was able to cruise in 6th gear at 60mph with some slight hills and it still had enough power for the cruise to handle it, but it's still tall enough that I'm right at 2k RPM @ 60mph and getting good gas mileage.

Just removed the OEM front bumper tonight, the new ARB bumper and winch is going on tomorrow! Temps are forecast at 70 degrees this next week, so it just might be time to go into summer-time mode and get the doors and top off!
    The difference between 4.56 and 4.88 is bigger than you think. You made the right choice ESPECIALLY if you want to run duratracs.