Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Warning lights Traction Control and ABS

Ok, so here's what Ive done.

RK 3 - Link Front Rear Long Arm suspension.

Regeared to 4.56 gears

Adjusted the parking break

installed all new axles. Front and rear Yukon Chromoly axles.

The problem now -

My traction control and ABS lights are popping when i drive above 60 mph.

The course of action -

I think the alignment is off. When i turn the wheel i hear a thud somewhere in the nose of the truck, not all the time, just when its stopped. I used to think it was the coil over puck moving up and down on the shock. Im bringing the truck in for an alignment tomorrow. Ill have them tighten all the drag link suspension and do a 4 tire alignment.

with everything straightened out and bolted down tight, we will see weather or not my problem is solved.

Ok, its aligned. Problem not solved.

Gotta go a little deeper.

Only above 60mph? Have you done the obvious in checking all the sensors at the wheels? If this started after recent work, that is just the first place to check. Sorry if that's obvious and you already knocked it out.

Is this popping when you turn left/ right/ both?

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRavenRR View Post
    Is this popping when you turn left/ right/ both?
    only at high speed. Straight line, 70mph makes it pop, or if I'm on a jug handle on the gas it will pop.

What do the wheel sensors cost? Were these the same lights you got when the tire wore through the wire of the wheel sensor? Can we return the wheel sensors if that turns out not to be the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    What do the wheel sensors cost? Were these the same lights you got when the tire wore through the wire of the wheel sensor? Can we return the wheel sensors if that turns out not to be the problem?
    the first step now is to figure out which corner the problem is in. Once I get to the bottom of that, ill start changing out the sensors. i have an appointment monday.

its the passenger rear. I took the axle apart from the truck to check the sensor and abs ring.

Turns out the abs ring was damaged somehow. the truck is in pieces, so i dont know if Ive solved it yet. I should have it back together tomorrow.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 2 (10).jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	87.2 KB 
ID:	745

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 1 (11).jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	86.7 KB 
ID:	746

If you are following this nightmare, here is the most recent update. Yukon sent me a new axle all pressed together correctly.

We installed it without a hitch, and now rather than the abs and traction lights coming on some times, they come on all the time. I didnt make it out of the driveway.

I dumped oil over the berring before intalling it, so I may have splashed some oil on the sensor. Took it out cleaned it, put it back, same problem. Took it out again, more oil on it.

Im going to let it settle over night, since im exhausted. and fire it up in the morning. Hopefully this problem will be over.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    If you are following this nightmare, here is the most recent update. Yukon sent me a new axle all pressed together correctly.

We installed it without a hitch, and now rather than the abs and traction lights coming on some times, they come on all the time. I didnt make it out of the driveway.

I dumped oil over the berring before intalling it, so I may have splashed some oil on the sensor. Took it out cleaned it, put it back, same problem. Took it out again, more oil on it.

Im going to let it settle over night, since im exhausted. and fire it up in the morning. Hopefully this problem will be over.
    My weekend Jeep hobby has officially bled into the week.

Heres what Ive figured out. We changed all the axle components and the lights came on right away now. Im thinking, I've taken this sensor out 20 times now, i must have just really broken it.

upon further inspection, it appears the tone ring is pressed in backward. Easy to overlook....The sensor does not overlook it. It freaked out right away. pics coming