Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Safari Straps...You're going to want to throw your hard top in the garbage.

Ahhhhhh the Safari Straps, one of our favorites. Safari Straps perform two tasks at once, first they calm the wind in your jeep when the top is off, and second, they look sooooo cool. Even if you want to keep your jeep stock, the safari straps make it look great when the roof is off. Its a driving expirience that is a lot of fun and others who ride in your jeep will also enjoy.

Installation is a snap, ours took one person about an hour to install, and once they were on we never wanted to put the top back up. Safari Straps has a 14 day return policy if you dont like them, but the chances that you wont like them is very slim. The construction is top notch, and the clasps are powdercoated spring loaded steel when they could easliy have used plastic. The clasps make the point of the high quality of the safari straps and the people who make them dont cut corners.

The straps are very durable and are UV treated not to fade from sunlight. Ive seen older jeeps with safari straps and the straps are still black but the stock padding on the roll cage is noticably faded. Our straps are 2" wide and cover are the full cage model. We suggest that for its wind calming and slight shade it provides when stuck in traffic.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	full roof strap.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	36Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020099.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	37

http://youtu.be/gjl3iqpSq_0
    Last edited by JeepLab; 02-16-2014 at 07:38 PM. Reason: more info

Can you post a few picture of Betty wearing these. The look is really cool. These add some security too, you can leave a backpack or tool box in your jeep if you are topless and not worry as much. Hmmm, I see a knife vs. nylon test in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Can you post a few picture of Betty wearing these. The look is really cool. These add some security too, you can leave a backpack or tool box in your jeep if you are topless and not worry as much. Hmmm, I see a knife vs. nylon test in the near future.
    Pete...Im in for this Nylon vs. Knife test. Got a few new blades to throw at it haha

here's a safari straps video-

Ill see about getting a piece of strap to cut on camera.

I think its seatbelt material. Its not going to be easy to cut. We may need the sawzall.

I'd KILL for these safari straps in brown. Well..maybe not kill but i"d definitely do a lot for a setup!

Quote Originally Posted by Snarf77 View Post
    I'd KILL for these safari straps in brown. Well..maybe not kill but i"d definitely do a lot for a setup!
    The safari straps company is a small ma and pop outfit. Maral is the wife and runs the business. I don't know if brown is possible, but Id give her a shout and see what she says.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    The safari straps company is a small ma and pop outfit. Maral is the wife and runs the business. I don't know if brown is possible, but Id give her a shout and see what she says.
    Heck yeah. It's worth a shot. The black would look fine on my ride, but I'd just love to try to get a set in brown.

Edit: just sent them an email inquiring. Would totally be a 1 in 100 chance if they could do it so I won't be upset if they can't!
    Last edited by Snarf77; 02-27-2014 at 11:31 AM.

Well I was amazed that they got back to me within about an hour, especially since they are west coast. She said while they can be made in other colors, and are UV resistant, they have found that black is the only color that doesn't fade in the sun over time.

I would have thought it would fade first, but alas, no brown for me!

if you park in a garage, I would still go brown.