Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    These guys seem to have a good solution,

one kit is 199, the other is 79.

I was thinking of doing the 199 for the headlights, and 79s for the fogs.

http://www.carhidkits.com/50w-resist...-pack-378.html

At least five people I know with JK's went with an HID upgrade kit. 18 months later we have all ripped them out in favour of a true LED headlight. Of all the kits, mine lasted the longest, but eventually they all failed. They were all $200+ kits. The others all went with the second generation trucklites as replacements, but I had KC's new led offering shipped out to me. A brief Internet search lead me to believe that guys who had first hand experience with both brands were leaning towards the KC's so I thought I'd give them a whirl.

The Hid's seem like a cost effective band aid type solution...great idea if you want better light right now, but would rather differ the larger cost of LEDs until next year or so when they fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Anotheruserid View Post
    At least five people I know with JK's went with an HID upgrade kit. 18 months later we have all ripped them out in favour of a true LED headlight. Of all the kits, mine lasted the longest, but eventually they all failed. They were all $200+ kits. The others all went with the second generation trucklites as replacements, but I had KC's new led offering shipped out to me. A brief Internet search lead me to believe that guys who had first hand experience with both brands were leaning towards the KC's so I thought I'd give them a whirl.

The Hid's seem like a cost effective band aid type solution...great idea if you want better light right now, but would rather differ the larger cost of LEDs until next year or so when they fail.
    Show us a pic of the KCs!