Close

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Start your own thread with the how-to and results!

New user...I replaced the stock JK headlights with the 2nd Gen Trucklites and same for the fogs and what a huge difference! Easy install and 4Wheel Parts still has the full kit on sale. BTW great forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Longbowdriver View Post
    New user...I replaced the stock JK headlights with the 2nd Gen Trucklites and same for the fogs and what a huge difference! Easy install and 4Wheel Parts still has the full kit on sale. BTW great forum.
    Give us a pic of the view from the cockpit!

Currently teaching pilots in the Afghan Air Force how to employ helicopters and weapons in Afghanistan but will post pics on leave in July. Lots of goodies awaiting install before 2 weeks of Jeepin' out West.

I used the rally lights harness, cibie H4 housing, and Hella 100/55W lights. Tremendous improvement and much cheaper than the LED options.

Quote Originally Posted by Longbowdriver View Post
    Currently teaching pilots in the Afghan Air Force how to employ helicopters and weapons in Afghanistan but will post pics on leave in July. Lots of goodies awaiting install before 2 weeks of Jeepin' out West.
    Is THIS your day job?

Ive made some bad life decisions. Im stuck behind a desk. Do you still have to have 20/20 vision to be a military pilot? (or do they allow contacts now?_

Haven't we all! Vision can be correctable to 20/20 and I think most laser surgeries have now been allowed. We rotary wing drivers don't fly very high so there is no major issue with altitudes or g-force pressures. Wasn't able to pull down the video using military internet but will check it out once I get back to the room and can see it using personal internet! Very hopeful that the video in no way shows the "awesome" movie Firebirds! Horrible Hollywood representation of the Apache! Can't wait to get home and start installing goodies I've been ordering since September last year!

Headlight Upgrades...Who's Done What?

If you guys are interested in some nice headlights my buddy on long island works for a reputable shop called phenominal vinyl in ocean side ny. He is a dealer for a top quality company called off road led bars they sell killer headlights. There all led with halos built in when i get home later ill try and post pics of them there about 525 and come with life time warranty

KC Headlight "UPDATE!"

-so after less than a year of use the anti-flicker harness included with my KC's gave up the ghost. I contacted my retailer, but they were powerless to help; all KC warranty issues are re-directed to the manufacturer, the procedure is extremely convoluted. I won't bore you with the details but it was becoming quicker and easier to just buy new harnesses rather than submit for warranty. Once on the phone with a sales rep at KC, a perfectly timed "F" word netted me a new set of harnesses shipped out to me free of charge effectively bypassing all the ridiculous warranty/return issues. Problem solved. For now.

I think there are to many other options on the market for me to bother any further with the KC. For the price we consumers pay for this shit it ought to be right the first time. If it's not, the manufacturer should be doing their utmost to make it so.

I went against the grain when I opted not to buy trucklites, strictly because someone has to try the stuff that's new to market. In this case I wish I hadn't.

ill throw my 2c in here too i guess,

about 6 months ago i bought this set for my '13 jk:

New Brights LED Headlight Conversion Kit - All Bulb Sizes - 80W 6400LM Cree LED - Replaces Halogen & HID Bulbs - H13 (9008) Dual-beam LED
    http://amzn.com/B00MOR4D5U

i didnt get it at amazon, i found the exact same one on ebay for like 90$

there was a definite flicker, which someone in the reviews with a similar setup said there would be, and he recommended this anti-flicker harness which i then bought for 40$:

New Brights LED Headlight Plug & Play Computer Warning Canceller & Anti Flicker Device (1 Pair) - All Sizes Available
    http://amzn.com/B00QDELXA8
    edit* yes that solved the flicker.

all in all, for 130$ its way better than the stock setup, and it does seem to have good cutoff in the stock housing, however, my 2 minor complaints are that the hi beams are not that powerful, in fact, i hardly notice when i switch over to them, and the color is a bit blue, but like i said, its all still better than the sh*tty stock setup by a mile IMO.