Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    These arrived today. I hope to get them installed this week, if the rain stays away.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140512_150917.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	743Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140512_151003.jpg 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	744
    2013 Wrangler JKU - Rock Lobster Red, Smittybilt SRC rear bumper and side steps; RR drop in reusable air filter; Quadratec floor liners; 285/75-16 Falken Rockey Mountain ATSII, Rebel Offroad grab handles and fire extinguisher holder.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexx19 View Post
    I wanted to go with the bfh, but the stock headlights really needed the fogs. Poison spider should have a way to mount the fogs on the bumper... if not in it. The JK really does need the light.
    I felt the same way at first. The BFH is a very minimalist bumper so there's no place to mount them. I had to cut 2" off the frame just to mount the bumper. Right now I have a set of 55 watt halogens mounted to the top of the bumper with a separate switch for a little extra light. They will serve until I put a winch and fairlead that will allow me to put an LED light bar on it.

You can always go with their Brawler line if you must have the fog lights. It was originally one of my main features I wanted in a bumper but for a stubby of this size and strength there just isn't the space due to the gussets in place.
    Last edited by WhiteRavenRR; 05-12-2014 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Added to post

Quote Originally Posted by ljvsnyder View Post
    These arrived today. I hope to get them installed this week, if the rain stays away.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140512_150917.jpg 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	743Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140512_151003.jpg 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	744

This looks good. Im interested to see how it goes.

I tried to get some before photos on a back road, but there wasn't sufficient light for my camera to show anything. Which says a lot about the stock headlights, given my camera has a low light feature. If the rain holds out today I am going to install the drivers under the hood. Won't have time to take the grill off to pull the lights. Probably will wait until this weekend, suppose to have a set of 8" Led light bars coming that I own in a contest. So if they arrive I will be trying to find a spot for them and will probably pull everything off to get them wired.
    2013 Wrangler JKU - Rock Lobster Red, Smittybilt SRC rear bumper and side steps; RR drop in reusable air filter; Quadratec floor liners; 285/75-16 Falken Rockey Mountain ATSII, Rebel Offroad grab handles and fire extinguisher holder.

Well spent Friday and Saturday getting the Jeep upgraded with lights. Installed the Raxiom Led H13 replacement bulbs from Extreme Terrain. Overall impression definite improvement over stock bulbs. If your on a budget worth buying, if you can hold out save for Peterson led replacement lights or truck lite. Install was pretty easy, one thing I should point out is that the locking tab on the relay plug that goes into the stock harness is to long and needs to have the end trimmed ever so slightly to get them to lock in place.

dims

dims plus factory fog lights

brights

KC's are in...just have to find a level spot to take some photos 25 ft from a wall. Our driveway has enough grade that I think the light would be on the ground, not the garage door and would perhaps misrepresent the light output in a photo. Any luck with the Trucklites Ross?

Quote Originally Posted by Anotheruserid View Post
    KC's are in...just have to find a level spot to take some photos 25 ft from a wall. Our driveway has enough grade that I think the light would be on the ground, not the garage door and would perhaps misrepresent the light output in a photo. Any luck with the Trucklites Ross?
    TruckLites are in, and the fogs are in. Im ready to ROCK over here.

I havent had them in the dark yet. so I cannot comment on their brightness so far. I mounted the fog lights without mounts, so my position so far is thats fantastic. Amazing what you can do with zip ties.

Snyder, how far from the wall are you in your pics?

Show some pics of the jeeps from the front with the new lights.

I feel like new lights change the overall look.... Off or on.

Garage pic is at 25ft. Highs and lows looked identical so you only get one pic. Pics in parking lot are hi and low beam only. No fogs and no camera flash in any pictures.

Hi beams approx 100ft from ditch
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	56.8 KB 
ID:	782

Low beams approx 100ft from same ditch

Size:	53.9 KB 
ID:	783

Garage hi beams at 25ft

Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	784

Pics are pics...my impressions are:

Install is easy, aiming is easy, price is identical to its direct competitors at most retailers so that's a wash. Cutoff seems okay, and the light is projected in a useable pattern. I'm happy with the output, it's certainly better than stock and comparable to the Hid's I had previously, though a different temperature (a little less white.). While I wouldn't suggest there are extreme hotspots anywhere there is a tiny bit of what i would call fragmentation of light on low beam right in front of the vehicle. I think it is from the small KC logo on the headlight lense. Apparently the logo glows in the dark but your on your own if you what to see what that looks like. I don't give a shit about such things and you can't make me.
    Last edited by Anotheruserid; 05-29-2014 at 12:22 AM.