Close

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    Snyder, how far from the wall are you in your pics?
    I assume you are asking about the glowing object in the middle left side of the photo. If so that is a license plate over 650' away from where I am parked. The ground is about 5' lower than the road surface. I will try to find a dark level place with a building at a known distance away so everyone can get a better idea of the output.
    2013 Wrangler JKU - Rock Lobster Red, Smittybilt SRC rear bumper and side steps; RR drop in reusable air filter; Quadratec floor liners; 285/75-16 Falken Rockey Mountain ATSII, Rebel Offroad grab handles and fire extinguisher holder.

Quote Originally Posted by Anotheruserid View Post
    Garage pic is at 25ft. Highs and lows looked identical so you only get one pic. Pics in parking lot are hi and low beam only. No fogs and no camera flash in any pictures.

Hi beams approx 100ft from ditch
    Attachment 782

Low beams approx 100ft from same ditch
    Attachment 783

Garage hi beams at 25ft
    Attachment 784

Pics are pics...my impressions are:

Install is easy, aiming is easy, price is identical to its direct competitors at most retailers so that's a wash. Cutoff seems okay, and the light is projected in a useable pattern. I'm happy with the output, it's certainly better than stock and comparable to the Hid's I had previously, though a different temperature (a little less white.). While I wouldn't suggest there are extreme hotspots anywhere there is a tiny bit of what i would call fragmentation of light on low beam right in front of the vehicle. I think it is from the small KC logo on the headlight lense. Apparently the logo glows in the dark but your on your own if you what to see what that looks like. I don't give a shit about such things and you can't make me.
    well done. Ill get my pics in the dark today.

Here are a few more photos of the Raxiom H13 led headlights. The building and fence are approximately 214' (took an actual measurement this morning) away.

dims

brights

These were from about 20' away

dims

brights (posted wrong photo originally)

You can see how the dims are more bell shaped and the brights are flatter.

I will see if I can get my camera to mount and get some video going down the road. After driving with them, I have really ome to like the whiter light. Reflections from street signs don't seem to mess with my eyes, plus you can see a stop sign several hundred yards down the road. While you can't make it out, you can see the light clearly reflecting back. We had a little fog last night and they seemed to cut through the fog well without having a lot of flashback. Pleased with the purchase.
    Last edited by ljvsnyder; 06-02-2014 at 11:24 AM.
    2013 Wrangler JKU - Rock Lobster Red, Smittybilt SRC rear bumper and side steps; RR drop in reusable air filter; Quadratec floor liners; 285/75-16 Falken Rockey Mountain ATSII, Rebel Offroad grab handles and fire extinguisher holder.

Well after driving with radio running and headlights turned on there is interference with the radio, at least for station at great distance on fm. My stubby antenna could add this issue. I have heard of similar issues with hid kits.

I had my truck out at night last night for the first time. I love the truck lites.

Mind you, im coming from stock with a bulb upgrade, this is a new world from there.

Other people complain about artifacts with the trucklites. Personally, now that Ive seen them at night its a non issue. The crossing of one bulp and the other makes a bright spot out in the distance about as wide as the lane you are driving in. So its a little extra brightness right where you need it.

Aiming- I have them set normal, and i think they are high, People werent flashing me last night, but the high beams were useless, as they were above the zone where I wanted them.

The trucklite aux lights in the jeeps fog location is also a VERY big improvement over stock.

Im going to use some fluffy weather stripping to try to reaim the beams back down to the ground a little. Its to be expected with a lift.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post

The trucklite aux lights in the jeeps fog location is also a VERY big improvement over stock.
    My LOD front bumper integrates stock fog lamps. Your review and process makes me want to consider getting a set of these down the road!

Is JW speaker getting in on this?

Im trying to decide.....

X2 on jw speaker....

New member coming from WF. Saw this place after researching the turbo project.

I am currently investigating a HID projector setup for the JK. I have sourced a harness, new housing with a projector placed in it and an HID system. I have everything on order and hope to have somthing together by the end of the weekend. What I have priced is much cheaper than the LED lights like TL and J.W.. I'll post some pictures this weekend when I get everything together

Quote Originally Posted by drev500 View Post
    New member coming from WF. Saw this place after researching the turbo project.

I am currently investigating a HID projector setup for the JK. I have sourced a harness, new housing with a projector placed in it and an HID system. I have everything on order and hope to have somthing together by the end of the weekend. What I have priced is much cheaper than the LED lights like TL and J.W.. I'll post some pictures this weekend when I get everything together
    Give us the full install!