Quote Originally Posted by DHewes View Post
While not the exact fix you were looking for both the Diablo and SuperChips programmers that have a smartphone like screen do have a digital speedo you can view. If you went with one of these (considering you are interested in shifting at speed I am assuming you are interested in performance and may be looking at one of these) you could use that instead of the dash speedo when needed. Not ideal...but possible.

As far as your original question - I have seen full gauge swaps so I know these are individual gauges and would be really surprised if the connections were fixed in the housing. Wait...isn't this why Google was created? Yep...Google image search of a Jeep instrument cluster shows:

(Hot linked image so you may have to do your own search)

Looks like a 5 minute job to pull the cluster - a bit to swap the gauges and just reverse the wiring harness plugs. Of course who knows what this will do to your warning lights and secondary gauges but should be fun to play with. A couple screwdrivers and less than an hour and you will know either way.
Thanks, mind if I asked if that is a JK cluster? Any searches I've done on google have been difficult to find JK cluster info. XJ, TJ, etc. come up pretty easily. When I search, I see a lot of XJ clusters that look like the image you have posted here, so that makes me think that image is an XJ cluster?