Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Buy a Right-Hand next time? Not exactly sure on the speedo placement on one of those babies.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRavenRR View Post
    Buy a Right-Hand next time? Not exactly sure on the speedo placement on one of those babies.
    Already looked at Mopar RHD instrument cluster, and unfortunately it uses the same layout as LHD, otherwise I'd just order one and put it in. So basically, RHD drivers don't have this problem because their right hand is on the wheel and they can see speedo just fine.
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

Besides, I don't think my Jeep goes fast enough for me to be concerned about speeding.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy View Post
    Already looked at Mopar RHD instrument cluster, and unfortunately it uses the same layout as LHD, otherwise I'd just order one and put it in. So basically, RHD drivers don't have this problem because their right hand is on the wheel and they can see speedo just fine.
    It figures they are the same. Saves money on building one design instead of two.

Quote Originally Posted by UselessPickles View Post
    A couple strategically positioned mirrors could achieve your desired outcome with low effort/cost
    touché - Of course, we'll have to go high tech with a camera and monitor otherwise the mirror will have a reversed image, and I just don't read reverse speedo as well as I used to.
    2014 Jeep JKU Sahara, Manual - /OlllllllO\ - 4" Metal Cloak lift, 37" Toyo Open Country's on 20" XD Bully Rims, 4.56 Yukon gears, Mopar High Top Fenders, ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper, ARB Rear Bumper, Teraflex HD Tire Carrier, Teraflex Tire Carrier Accessory Mount, Twin Rotopax mount, Hi-Lift Jack mounted on front bumper, Reverse LED work lights, Warn 9.5ti winch, Synergy Drag Link, Trackbar Relocation Bracket, AMP Power Steps, JK1001 Radio, SpiderShade.

Anyone got a pic of the backside of the cluster?

If its individual parts, and you could just switch them, that would work. I know the speedo would read the RPM, but you could buy new dials from AEV, and switch them.

They change the dials on their kits, so they are getting in there somehow. I think this can be done. It all matters, whats behind the cluster.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    Anyone got a pic of the backside of the cluster?

If its individual parts, and you could just switch them, that would work. I know the speedo would read the RPM, but you could buy new dials from AEV, and switch them.

They change the dials on their kits, so they are getting in there somehow. I think this can be done. It all matters, whats behind the cluster.
    Yeah, thanks for that suggestion. I have seen a number of plates from AEV and others that change the look/color of the graphics. That's what made me think there *might* be a chance you could just swap the speedo/tach right to left.

While not the exact fix you were looking for both the Diablo and SuperChips programmers that have a smartphone like screen do have a digital speedo you can view. If you went with one of these (considering you are interested in shifting at speed I am assuming you are interested in performance and may be looking at one of these) you could use that instead of the dash speedo when needed. Not ideal...but possible.

As far as your original question - I have seen full gauge swaps so I know these are individual gauges and would be really surprised if the connections were fixed in the housing. Wait...isn't this why Google was created? Yep...Google image search of a Jeep instrument cluster shows:

(Hot linked image so you may have to do your own search)

Looks like a 5 minute job to pull the cluster - a bit to swap the gauges and just reverse the wiring harness plugs. Of course who knows what this will do to your warning lights and secondary gauges but should be fun to play with. A couple screwdrivers and less than an hour and you will know either way.

Quote Originally Posted by DHewes View Post
    While not the exact fix you were looking for both the Diablo and SuperChips programmers that have a smartphone like screen do have a digital speedo you can view. If you went with one of these (considering you are interested in shifting at speed I am assuming you are interested in performance and may be looking at one of these) you could use that instead of the dash speedo when needed. Not ideal...but possible.

As far as your original question - I have seen full gauge swaps so I know these are individual gauges and would be really surprised if the connections were fixed in the housing. Wait...isn't this why Google was created? Yep...Google image search of a Jeep instrument cluster shows:

(Hot linked image so you may have to do your own search)

Looks like a 5 minute job to pull the cluster - a bit to swap the gauges and just reverse the wiring harness plugs. Of course who knows what this will do to your warning lights and secondary gauges but should be fun to play with. A couple screwdrivers and less than an hour and you will know either way.
    Thanks, mind if I asked if that is a JK cluster? Any searches I've done on google have been difficult to find JK cluster info. XJ, TJ, etc. come up pretty easily. When I search, I see a lot of XJ clusters that look like the image you have posted here, so that makes me think that image is an XJ cluster?

The JK cluster has a plastic sheet across the whole piece that the numbers are a part of so without finding an aftermarket one that is swapped to the right side is like finding a needle in a haystack. You could always do a complete custom job but that may be more work than your willing to put into it. Good luck with this project. If you do find something post up some pics!