Close

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SpiderWebShade

SpiderWebShade

Well today was a good day as the mailman rolled through the 'hood as I happened to be outside tinkering with the Jeep (as I do practically everyday) and he hands me a box from SpiderWebShade. Yes, it arrived! You can only imagine my giddiness (sp?) and the spring in my step as I trotted myself back into the house and yell at the ol'lady to show the new Jeep sexy-ness:

Don't let the little box fool ya there is some good stuff in there:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 1.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	31.7 KB 
ID:	707

Inside the box you will find the shade along with 3 small and 8 large Spider Balls:

Name:	photo 2.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	708

You will use the 3 small Spider Balls for the front center and then the two outboard grommets but not the corners. Start the install by
    mounting the center grommet to the footman's loop on the windshield.

Name:	photo 3.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	709

Install both rear corners. Slide the ball through the top of the grommet then around the roll bar. Once installed, roll the entire ball underneath to hide it from sight. Make sure you loop under the seatbelt bracket with the bungee.

Name:	photo 5.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	710

Install both inner grommets to the outboard footman loops.

Name:	photo 4.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	711

Start with the front corners and then work your way back from there. Tuck the Ball up into the front corner plastic housing:

Name:	photo 6.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	62.1 KB 
ID:	712

Name:	photo 7.jpg 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	713

Name:	photo 8.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	55.2 KB 
ID:	714

Installed product:

Name:	photo 9.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	35.3 KB 
ID:	715

Name:	photo 10.jpg 
Size:	37.1 KB 
ID:	716

This guy dosent waste any time. I love that.

I also love trail mesh shades. LET SUMMER COMMENCE!

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRavenRR View Post
    Start with the front corners and then work your way back from there. Tuck the Ball up into the front corner plastic housing:

Name:	photo 6.jpg 
Size:	62.1 KB 
ID:	712

Name:	photo 7.jpg 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	713

Name:	photo 8.jpg 
Size:	55.2 KB 
ID:	714

Installed product:

Name:	photo 9.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	35.3 KB 
ID:	715

Name:	photo 10.jpg 
Size:	37.1 KB 
ID:	716
    I see the spider ball sticking up in the back. Did you pull it under?

You attach it ball up, Then pull it around so the ball is down inside.

It is a very nice quality top. With that being said, I did run into a snag with my current top. I run a Bestop Trektop NX and after going through the steps of reinstalling the top over the WebShade, I couldn't hook the top center two straps (of the Trektop) to the bottom of the sound bar. This could be remedied easily by installing two 1" oval grommets in the WebShade just forward of the sound bar inline with the two Freedom Top holes.

Name:	Photo 11.jpg 
Size:	46.1 KB 
ID:	720

Name:	Photo 12.jpg 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	721

Name:	Photo 13.JPG 
Views:	122 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	722

Name:	Photo 14.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	80.5 KB 
ID:	723

Overall, the quality is exceptional and the install is very simple even though I had to go online and find a video on how to do the install since it didn't come with instructions. The video is just over 2 minutes long and highly amusing, especially watching the woman talk about hiding your 'balls'.

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    I see the spider ball sticking up in the back. Did you pull it under?

You attach it ball up, Then pull it around so the ball is down inside.
    Yes I pulled my balls under...sorry, couldn't resist.

Looks absolutely great. Have you had a chance to use it in the direct sun. I'm curious how much heat it blocks out.

Yes. I'm here in Oklahoma so we get plenty of sun and wind. This thing is very nice. The wife and I went to lunch the other day out in 95-degree weather and when we got back in, the seats were nice and cool. It's also nice going down the road with the sun up ahead of you and you don't have to squint nearly as bad as without it plus your forehead isn't getting blistered from sun exposure.

I'm still trying to figure out a way to keep it on under the Trektop as I can't use the two center straps that hook to the soundbar. If you flip the front half back to open the front seats to the open air, those straps keep the Trektop from catching the air and billowing up like a parachute.

I was looking at having some 1" oval grommets put in but as I looked closer, the buckles are attached to the top and come down past where the webshade would sit. The grommets would need to be bigger to allow passage of the buckles or the buckles need to be removed and some other form of strap needs to be used but also allow the strap to be tightened down. I will post a pick of the buckles later today.

Overall, I love this top. I just wish I didn't need to completely remove the Trektop to use it. I just bought the Trektop a few weeks ago just for the same reason of having a bikini top to keep the sun at bay on those hot summer days. I'm working on figuring this out without too much modification and maybe get with Spider WebShade to address this.

Ive got door shades going on next. I love the spiderwebshade stuff.

Door shades? Are these for tube doors?