Close

Thread: SpiderWebShade

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    I see the spider ball sticking up in the back. Did you pull it under?

You attach it ball up, Then pull it around so the ball is down inside.
    Yes I pulled my balls under...sorry, couldn't resist.

Looks absolutely great. Have you had a chance to use it in the direct sun. I'm curious how much heat it blocks out.

Yes. I'm here in Oklahoma so we get plenty of sun and wind. This thing is very nice. The wife and I went to lunch the other day out in 95-degree weather and when we got back in, the seats were nice and cool. It's also nice going down the road with the sun up ahead of you and you don't have to squint nearly as bad as without it plus your forehead isn't getting blistered from sun exposure.

I'm still trying to figure out a way to keep it on under the Trektop as I can't use the two center straps that hook to the soundbar. If you flip the front half back to open the front seats to the open air, those straps keep the Trektop from catching the air and billowing up like a parachute.

I was looking at having some 1" oval grommets put in but as I looked closer, the buckles are attached to the top and come down past where the webshade would sit. The grommets would need to be bigger to allow passage of the buckles or the buckles need to be removed and some other form of strap needs to be used but also allow the strap to be tightened down. I will post a pick of the buckles later today.

Overall, I love this top. I just wish I didn't need to completely remove the Trektop to use it. I just bought the Trektop a few weeks ago just for the same reason of having a bikini top to keep the sun at bay on those hot summer days. I'm working on figuring this out without too much modification and maybe get with Spider WebShade to address this.

Ive got door shades going on next. I love the spiderwebshade stuff.