Close

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SpiderWebShade

As soon as Michigan weather and my schedule start cooperating with each other, I'll get to try some topless and doorless driving with my spiderweb shade to finish gathering info/thoughts before I share them. Spoiler alert: it's not all positive so far. One of my negatives encouraged me to do some more in-depth testing, which means it could be a while before I'm done.

Has anyone talked to spiderwebshade about the issue with the trek top nx?
    2013 Wrangler JKU - Rock Lobster Red, Smittybilt SRC rear bumper and side steps; RR drop in reusable air filter; Quadratec floor liners; 285/75-16 Falken Rockey Mountain ATSII, Rebel Offroad grab handles and fire extinguisher holder.

Quote Originally Posted by ljvsnyder View Post
    Has anyone talked to spiderwebshade about the issue with the trek top nx?
    modifying a product happens easiest with a suggestion. Are we suggesting a trek shade with holes in it to accommodate the trektop?

I dont have a trektop to test with, but if you guys do, say how it would better, im sure Spiderwebshade is listening.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteRavenRR View Post
    It is a very nice quality top. With that being said, I did run into a snag with my current top. I run a Bestop Trektop NX and after going through the steps of reinstalling the top over the WebShade, I couldn't hook the top center two straps (of the Trektop) to the bottom of the sound bar. This could be remedied easily by installing two 1" oval grommets in the WebShade just forward of the sound bar inline with the two Freedom Top holes.

Attachment 720

Attachment 721

Attachment 722

Attachment 723
    I've marked the spots on mine with a silver sharpie. On closer inspection, the buckles are attached to the Trektop and would hang down lower (through) the web shade. A little more brainstorming is in order. I have been trying to figure something out that would involve removing the plastic buckle itself and using some cord (550) through the webbing loop instead and attached to the original buckle. I just have figured out how to tighten it down once assembled.

Does that make any sense?

Quote Originally Posted by JeepLab View Post
    modifying a product happens easiest with a suggestion. Are we suggesting a trek shade with holes in it to accommodate the trektop?

I dont have a trektop to test with, but if you guys do, say how it would better, im sure Spiderwebshade is listening.
    I believe that is what is being asked. Had it not been for this post I would have purchased a spiderwebshade already. But my future plans are for a trektop nx. I would rather buy something that works together than having to modify the product to work.
    2013 Wrangler JKU - Rock Lobster Red, Smittybilt SRC rear bumper and side steps; RR drop in reusable air filter; Quadratec floor liners; 285/75-16 Falken Rockey Mountain ATSII, Rebel Offroad grab handles and fire extinguisher holder.

Quote Originally Posted by ljvsnyder View Post
    I believe that is what is being asked. Had it not been for this post I would have purchased a spiderwebshade already. But my future plans are for a trektop nx. I would rather buy something that works together than having to modify the product to work.
    personally, I prefer the supertop nx if you havent bought one yet.

The supertop is easier to put up and take down quickly.

Make sure to get the NX model tho, the standard supertop is outdated garbage.

Got a trek top twill on dad's and it's amazing, the quietest soft top I have ever ridden under. I recently added the spider web shade to my jku. I really like it for days where it's in the mid-80s or above to block the glaring sun. I went to a wedding the other day, I have no top or doors on my jk now. On the way home that night the spider shade showed that even in a heavy downpour with moderate speed a lot of the rain is deflected out of the passenger compartment. The only time I find myself taking it off is on sunny days with cooler temps, I like the sunshine to help keep me warm while riding, and preheating my seats while I'm not in it.

Quote Originally Posted by deola View Post
    got a trek top twill on dad's and it's amazing, the quietest soft top i have ever ridden under. I recently added the spider web shade to my jku. I really like it for days where it's in the mid-80s or above to block the glaring sun. I went to a wedding the other day, i have no top or doors on my jk now. On the way home that night the spider shade showed that even in a heavy downpour with moderate speed a lot of the rain is deflected out of the passenger compartment. The only time i find myself taking it off is on sunny days with cooler temps, i like the sunshine to help keep me warm while riding, and preheating my seats while i'm not in it.
    give us a pic!

Here are some pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Deola View Post
    Here are some pics
    Look at those bare pipes on the jeep.

Why the hell don't they paint them all body color? That drives me nuts.

The pipes look good tho, maybe throw a sheet over the interior and spray them.

That would be a mod that would make the truck stand out.