Close

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SpiderWebShade

Another free easy one is my rear headrest removal

All of these spiderwebshades look so good I'm going to have to get mine installed this weekend. Super cool and the weather is supposed to be pretty great here on Sunday. Pretty excited about these based on everyone's reviews.

Make sure you set aside at least 3 minutes for the install

Snarf, you got the full cage, Show it off!

Ok..my install took more than 3 minutes, maybe 30, but i"m a bit slower and deliberate in doing things. I went with the full 2 door shade cage. It goes from the windshield, over the sound bar to the top of the rear seats and adds two side panels for the area under the roll bar. Cool look and keeps the sun off the rear passenger as well. Also will keep the dog in the car if hes in the back.

There aren't specific instructions anywhere online for the full "shade cage" so I took some time to watch videos and get the concept down. Once I watched a couple videos I just got started installing it. From that point forward it was a breeze. Installed the front center, then front left and right, then the rear and in between. The side panels have no instructions anywhere online but were fairly self explanatory, as all the shade cage products are. The only difference is that there is one really long spider ball to go around a wider section.

What a great friggin product! Seriously, I'd buy it 10 times over. The shade from the sun is fantastic, but I can still see out. With the doors on, it also significantly cut down on the wind inside the cab for me. I'm not sure how much the side panels had to do with that, but I'm guessing they helped. I drove on the highway for 30 minutes and didn't have any issues. It also kept some light morning dew off my seats when I left the jeep outside overnight. Totally worth it just for that.

LOVE this product. Here it is in use when I was out wheelin yesterday.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-05-18 13.57.23.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	764

Name:	2014-05-18 13.33.23.jpg 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	767

Name:	2014-05-18 13.05.13.jpg 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	766

I haven't verified it will fit on with the hardtop 100% as the side panels use two of the top's indexing holes for the bungee. If the pin pops in then i'm golden. if not, then I just remove 4 bungees and reinstall when the top is back off. TOO EASY.

I'm so pleased I have this with the summer coming up quickly!

Ok wife gave the approval to get a spiderwebshade for my JKU, not sure if I want to go with black or a different color. I have a rock lobster red JKU. Any opinions?
    2013 Wrangler JKU - Rock Lobster Red, Smittybilt SRC rear bumper and side steps; RR drop in reusable air filter; Quadratec floor liners; 285/75-16 Falken Rockey Mountain ATSII, Rebel Offroad grab handles and fire extinguisher holder.

Quote Originally Posted by ljvsnyder View Post
    Ok wife gave the approval to get a spiderwebshade for my JKU, not sure if I want to go with black or a different color. I have a rock lobster red JKU. Any opinions?
    dangerous proposition....Black is the safe route....

Yeah I know, but I like to be different sometimes. I thought about blue or grey.
    2013 Wrangler JKU - Rock Lobster Red, Smittybilt SRC rear bumper and side steps; RR drop in reusable air filter; Quadratec floor liners; 285/75-16 Falken Rockey Mountain ATSII, Rebel Offroad grab handles and fire extinguisher holder.

Quote Originally Posted by ljvsnyder View Post
    Yeah I know, but I like to be different sometimes. I thought about blue or grey.
    Do it bud!

I thought jessee was nuts when he said he wanted brown wheels. but that came out very good. You dont know till you pull the trigger.

Gotta build your rig your own way. Only one who needs to live with it is you...

Just got a discount code from Morris 4x4 that lets me get the color for free, plus free shipping.